Good (and easy!) Website building software

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Good (and easy!) Website building software

Post by darth_timon »

So, at the moment I am trying to develop my website. I've looked at a few supposedly simple site-building softwares but so far, nothing has struck me as actually being straightforward. Does anyone have any ideas?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Good (and easy!) Website building software

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Weebley is pretty sweet. I used it for one of my 3rd year assignments.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Weebley is pretty sweet. I used it for one of my 3rd year assignments.
Is it software or is it a site-hosting site? I own a domain but via godaddy, and I can't transfer it just yet. I should have mentioned that.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Just what kind of site are you trying to make? Are you looking at something simple which is just strait HTML or do you want some sort of interactivity beyond links that look like buttons?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Adobe Muse if you don´t want to do any programming.

Phase V if you want to do all the programming.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

darth_timon wrote:
Eternal_Freedom wrote:Weebley is pretty sweet. I used it for one of my 3rd year assignments.
Is it software or is it a site-hosting site? I own a domain but via godaddy, and I can't transfer it just yet. I should have mentioned that.
It's a mix. You set up the domain and build the site using their tools.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

Purple wrote:Just what kind of site are you trying to make? Are you looking at something simple which is just strait HTML or do you want some sort of interactivity beyond links that look like buttons?
Just a basic site really. A splash of colour, maybe a Facebook and/or Twitter feed, a navigation bar of sorts, but nothing too fancy. I have no idea how to code so drop and drag software would be my friend.

Adobe Muse looks great but how much would something that powerful be? I'm on a very limited budget.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

darth_timon wrote:
Purple wrote:Just what kind of site are you trying to make? Are you looking at something simple which is just strait HTML or do you want some sort of interactivity beyond links that look like buttons?
Just a basic site really. A splash of colour, maybe a Facebook and/or Twitter feed, a navigation bar of sorts, but nothing too fancy. I have no idea how to code so drop and drag software would be my friend.

Adobe Muse looks great but how much would something that powerful be? I'm on a very limited budget.
I think it´s something like 25 bucks per month.