Anyonw having trouble accessing Steam?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Anyonw having trouble accessing Steam?

Post by Enigma »

I want to buy Space Engineers but can't get into Steam. Anyone else have the same problem?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: Anyonw having trouble accessing Steam?

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I was already logged in to mine, and it says its 'down for routine maintenance' when I check my friends. So that's probably the issue, I think.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:I was already logged in to mine, and it says its 'down for routine maintenance' when I check my friends. So that's probably the issue, I think.
Yes Steam is down for everyone in the world for Routine maintenance on a Friday evening

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: Anyone having trouble accessing Steam?

Post by Enigma »

Thanks.

How long does the maintenance last?
Last edited by Enigma on 2014-05-02 11:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Enigma wrote:Thanks.

How long does the maintenance last?
They have not announced but most people think an hour based on past maintenance

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: Anyone having trouble accessing Steam?

Post by Enigma »

I also forgot to mention, when did it start? I can get into steam's main page but connecting my account isn't possible at the moment.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Mr Bean wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:I was already logged in to mine, and it says its 'down for routine maintenance' when I check my friends. So that's probably the issue, I think.
Yes Steam is down for everyone in the world for Routine maintenance on a Friday evening
First I've ever heard of such a thing. It must happen really fucking early in the morning because I was playing Borderlands 2 until 2am without any trouble.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

It went down for a couple hours, with Enigma's post being probably somewhat early on in the downtime. I didn't notice until I tried using the in-game interface while playing KSP.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Now that I think about it I did get an error about having trouble signing into the cloud services. But I didn't really think much of it at the time.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I believe it was around midnight when I was able to purchase and download Space Engineers. Got a chance to play it today and boy do I love it. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!