Infinite Crisis

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Infinite Crisis

Post by Ahriman238 »

Recently started playing the Infinite Crisis open beta, an arena team PVP game based on DC comics.

Not a ton of plot, some vagueness about the Crisis and the Monitor gathering heroes and villains from across the multiverse for an elimination tournament to determine who will be worthy champions. So far we have mostly the regular DCU, plus the Atomic World where a rocket from space destroys the town of Smallville Kansas and triggers a nuclear war, now there are a handful of heroes and villains playing king of the wasteland. Gaslight Gotham, for an Edwardian twist on Bats, Joker and Catwoman, the Mecha world where the JLA are all robots. And so far a vampire Batman from the Nightmare world and a literal Emerald Knight GL from the Arcane world.

Gameplay's reasonably fun. I see myself getting bored sooner rather than later with just three arenas, and it seems only one that people actually use. So far the only character I've unlocked is Doomsday (seriously nerfed, but still fun) while free use is (for the moment, I get the impression it changes) Batman, Robin, Vampire Batman, Star Sapphire, Poison Ivy and Mecha Wonder Woman.

So does anyone else play this?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud