Final Fantasy VI on Android

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

RogueIce
_______

Final Fantasy VI on Android

Post by RogueIce »

Google Play Store

Not sure if I'd really spend $15.99 for this, when I have a working SNES still (go me) and a Wii VC. But hey, if ever I need to play FF6 on the go I can now, so there's that.

Also, they kept Terra's hair green despite redesigning the sprites, so the important things remain. Otherwise they look...weird to me. Not bad, just weird. I imagine I'd get used to them playing.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Final Fantasy VI on Android

Post by General Zod »

Does this have terrible DRM like other Squenix games on Android? Chrono Trigger has DRM up the ass and makes you download the game in chunks instead of the entire thing all in one shot.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Don't know about that specifically, but from seeing some of the reviews people who have Xposed (whatever that is) can't run it, so I'm guessing there is some kind of DRM issue.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

RogueIce wrote:Don't know about that specifically, but from seeing some of the reviews people who have Xposed (whatever that is) can't run it, so I'm guessing there is some kind of DRM issue.
Always on-offline only DRM apparently.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The Grim Squeaker wrote:
RogueIce wrote:Don't know about that specifically, but from seeing some of the reviews people who have Xposed (whatever that is) can't run it, so I'm guessing there is some kind of DRM issue.
So if you don't have your data enabled or are on a wireless connection, you can't play it?

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

RogueIce wrote:
The Grim Squeaker wrote:
So if you don't have your data enabled or are on a wireless connection, you can't play it?
Apparently so (I haven't bought it for exactly those reasons).
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

It looks..... I don't know. I'm not digging that. Checking video, it looks like they kept a lot of the background assets and just "updated" character sprites. It clashes terribly at times.

FF6 is one of GBA games keeping from bothering with a fancy new DS. I was hoping it would get a faithful remake like FFIV or III, but this isn't that remake and really doesn't seem worth $15.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

It always boggles me why the video game industry is happy to make Sequels, but almost NEVER makes remakes of games?
I mean, in movies it is the other way round.. Sequels require creative thought and NEW ideas! Remakes, you just rehash something that has already been done! PROFIT!

I mean, I would HAPPILY shell out 40$ for a 'modern' day version of FF3/6 where they basically kept the EXACT same game, story and characters, updated the graphics.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
koputusx
Redshirt

Post by koputusx »

There is apparently a gamebreaking glitch.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Square Enix raped a couple other ports of FF as well. For the Iphone / Ipad, FF 1 and 2 were fine...lots of fun and very stable. When they ported them to Android, they had black bars on the top / sides, graphical glitches, missing entire levels, incomplete translations...it was horrible.

Square is pretty much the EA of Android development.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
koputusx
Redshirt

Post by koputusx »

But apart from that gamebreaking bug and bit clunky controls, I like it so far.