Multi-Document Editing Software?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Multi-Document Editing Software?

Post by Kitsune »

I have a website. . . .Sometimes, I will want to change links to a single item on a huge number of pages all at once.
Presently, I use an old version of Ultra Edit but I will need to change my laptop to Win 7 soon and don't believe they are compatible.
Is there any software that does the same job, especially stuff that is free :mrgreen: ?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Multi-Document Editing Software?

Post by Zaune »

BlueGriffon is the first one that comes to mind, but you might also look into a better plaintext editor. Are you on Windows or a Mac?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

If I am talking about having to go to 7, it is because XP support is about to end :lol:
Maybe my website does not look good but I still do it in a plain text editor.
Used to actually use notepad :shock:
Now, I use notepad ++
Did find that it has the function but curious if there are any others?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

I was actually just about to suggest Notepad++, before I saw that you posted while I was previewing my post.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Oh, yeah. Sorry, posted before I'd had my coffee.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Zaune wrote:Oh, yeah. Sorry, posted before I'd had my coffee.
It was cool. . . .Just giving you a hard time
Thomas Paine