Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Raesene
Jedi Master

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Post by Raesene »

I saw the latest Star Wars RPG at my gameshop today, has someone already played it ? Apparently it was published in early 2013, and has been hidden from me so far.

How is the gameplay, rules, complexity ? Are the custom dice an absolute requirement or more a good to have goodie and can regular polyhedra be used instead ? Is it worth the money or should I stay with Saga Edition in case my group returns to SW-gaming ?

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Gameplay is fairly fast pace and complexity is low. The dice are absolutely required, although there is a conversion table for using standard dice. Core mechanics tie into it and its part of the reason I haven't done more with it, because my group plays over Skype and Roll 20 and custom dice are problematic.

The other is they're doing a 40K style section release with the first bit being rogues and fringers, the second being Rebellion and military and the third being Jedi and Sith and our group is full of Force power junkies.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Post by InsaneTD »

There is also a dice app on smart phones from fantasy flight. Though the fantasy flight app has a cost.