wierd youtube issue

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

wierd youtube issue

Post by Lord Revan »

I've had this weird Youtube issue where when I try to change the video quality it just stops working, is this Google screwing things over or is it something in my end?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Re: wierd youtube issue

Post by TheFeniX »

The new Flash update seems to be causing the problem because it's the only thing I've changed and now my daily "pound leftovers while watching Starcraft 2 replays" lunch time has shit like "going full screen causes the video to stop playing, forcing me to manually click play again." I assume it's Flash because it's been Flash before, it's always been Flash, and Flash has gone to shit. I may have to rollback like I did last time.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The new youtube player is shit as well. When you watch videos in a series, it forgets the quality setting when exiting fullscreen and reverts to auto. Which is stupid.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I had this problem using Firefox. I switched back to Chrome and HD works without breaking.

I wish it stays in HD when I tab videos to watch.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

A few days ago I picked up an add-on for Firefox called Youtube High Definition which makes youtube videos start playing in high definition. I haven't noticed any of the problems I had when manually changing the video resolution, except on embedded videos where the extension fails to work for some reason.

Does Chrome have a similar extension ?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Ah, yes Chrome indeed does and it works. Thanks.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

TheFeniX wrote:The new Flash update seems to be causing the problem because it's the only thing I've changed and now my daily "pound leftovers while watching Starcraft 2 replays" lunch time has shit like "going full screen causes the video to stop playing, forcing me to manually click play again." I assume it's Flash because it's been Flash before, it's always been Flash, and Flash has gone to shit. I may have to rollback like I did last time.
To be fair I had this problem quite awhile ago, when it seemed to disappear of its own accord (no Flash update, and YouTube didn't make any changes I could visually see, though that says nothing about under the hood, of course).

Not saying it can't also be Flash but it wouldn't surprise me if it's YouTube fucking up somewhere as well.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So in a related issue, it seems that I can't see YouTube comments anymore. This is generally a good thing and I hope it stays that way.

Still, anyone else having this happen? Any word on what might be causing it?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight