3D Printed Custom Minis

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

lazerus
The Fuzzy Doom

3D Printed Custom Minis

Post by lazerus »

Hey there!

I'm a huge tabletop wargaming fan (particularly Pathfinder and 40k), but I'm terrible with assembling and painting miniatures. So, awhile ago, I started messing around with my school's 3D printer to make my own minis, and after awhile, it eventually turned into a Kickstarter!

The Proxy War Kickstarter is designed to let gamers everywhere have fully custom 3D printed miniatures. Everything from RPG characters to whole custom armies. The mini above is a 28mm fig made for a game called The Robotic Age, but we can do miniatures on all sorts of scales.

I'm here trying to get the word out, so take a look and tell me what you think! If you have any questions, I'm the project creator, so I'm happy to answer 'em here. And hey, even if 3D printed minis aren't you think, forward the message on facebook! Every bit of buzz helps.
3D Printed Custom Miniatures! Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures
cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Re: 3D Printed Custom Minis

Post by cadbrowser »

This is pretty awesome. I use SolidWorks where I work for mechanical design. I am also in the midst of creating my own RPG and was thinking about looking to contract with someone for minis. Do you have a website for pricing and etcetera that I can look at? I'm some time away from being able to move in on the mini aspect; but it never hurts to network now.
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

Holy shit, this is awesome!
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star
lazerus
The Fuzzy Doom

Post by lazerus »

cadbrowser wrote:This is pretty awesome. I use SolidWorks where I work for mechanical design. I am also in the midst of creating my own RPG and was thinking about looking to contract with someone for minis. Do you have a website for pricing and etcetera that I can look at? I'm some time away from being able to move in on the mini aspect; but it never hurts to network now.

Yup! That's all up on the Kickstarter here.
3D Printed Custom Miniatures! Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

oh cool. I'd passed it around taccoms already, but didn't realise you were active here!
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

A Question Fuzzy,
Did you create that 3D render in the first pic form the 2D sketch?
Because if So, I may want to "hire" you (if possible) for a 3D item I have in mind.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oh just to cliffy, I meant the question for "lazerus"
I just called him Fuzzy because of the avatar ;P
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!