Batman: Arkham Origins thread(Spoilers)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Batman: Arkham Origins thread(Spoilers)

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, I got this Friday, and have been playing through it. I am not like this new Batclaw, at all.

Anyways, Arkham Origins, discuss.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins thread(Spoilers)

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Same. Played and finished it over the weekend.
Some horrible game killing bugs (falling through the infinite level geometry). Really crappy and inconsistant grappling (only some surfaces can be grappled onto).
The game's plot is rather good, though it lacks the cohesion and impact of Arkham city, or tight focus of Arkham asylum.
Bruce and Alfred are kinda whiny in the game too.
Overall, i'd give it a pass in favor of previous incumbents. (Unfortunately, i'd preordered the game)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

Were either of you playing this on Wii U? Wondering because I just got a Wii U, and would like to know if any of the problems (or praises) you guys had were specific to that console.
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Xbox 360, and no, I'm experiencing these glitches on it.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Okay, finished the game. My big beef? Why set it at Christmas time?

I admit, the set design is beautiful with all the lights and snow everywhere, but beyond window dressing, there's no story reason for it to be there. It could be Thanksgiving, Halloween, Arbor Day, or St. Patrick's Day for all it affects the story. If we had Batman go through a Scrooge like process like in Batman: Noel, then it would have worked beautifully. Instead, it's just there because hey, Christmas is pretty.

Heck, if there were a scene you could do of Alfred and Batman opening presents, that would make it worth setting at Christmas, but they don't go for that. Heck, having some villains say, "Nah, it's Christmas Eve, I'm calling it a night in the spirit of Christmas" would have been good. I just wish there had been more Christmas related plots in the game.
Annatar Giftbringer
Youngling

Post by Annatar Giftbringer »

Did anyone else have problems with the skill tree? I just took down Deadshot in the bank, and now I'm On my way to the hotel. On the way in I leveled up, but I've already taken all the available skills! The rest 'will become available as I progress through the story' ... So I'm left with unused skill points, but hopefully it'll become better soon... ?
Ash nazg durbatulûk,
Ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Annatar Giftbringer
Youngling

Post by Annatar Giftbringer »

Annatar Giftbringer wrote:Did anyone else have problems with the skill tree? I just took down Deadshot in the bank, and now I'm On my way to the hotel. On the way in I leveled up, but I've already taken all the available skills! The rest 'will become available as I progress through the story' ... So I'm left with unused skill points, but hopefully it'll become better soon... ?
EDIT: Nevermind, once I got the shock gloves I unlocked lots of new skills.
Ash nazg durbatulûk,
Ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul