Video Card Request. Part the Two.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Video Card Request. Part the Two.

Post by Enigma »

Earlier this year I wanted to know a decent video card to replace my Radeon HD 7750 for about $150. Though I received good advice I wasn't able to get a replacement. Soo, since some time has passed AND I can find the time to buy a replacement, I'd like to know which card to get that is at least as good as the 7750 for around $150. The only change from my previous request is that I'd like the replacement card to have 2GB of RAM.

Any suggestions?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Re: Video Card Request. Part the Two.

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Funny enough, I was helping my dad pick out a video card and stumbled on this. $170, but you may not find much else that is still 256 bit and 2 gig of memory.

I also found this off NewEgg for right at what you want, before rebate. After rebate it'll be $135.

Sadly, $150 is on the cheap end for a 2 gig graphics card. People who look at graphics cards more than I do can probably have a better idea of just how these two stack up, but they're what I could find in 2 gig that's close to your price range.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Is there much difference between that 7850 and this?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Nothing significant.