Saints Row IV

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Re: Saints Row IV

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

The problem with tornado is easily fixed by doing the fraud activities. Completing them all makes you immovable.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

White Haven wrote:As much as I had a blast with SR4, the fact that it's an overgrown expansion pack really, really shows.
I'm hoping this so-called "Director's Cut" DLC fleshes some stuff out. I like the game, but it didn't feel like a full price title at all. I've gone back to playing SR3, in fact.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

General Schatten wrote:The problem with tornado is easily fixed by doing the fraud activities. Completing them all makes you immovable.
Some of the problems. Doesn't do shit for being lit on fire by explosions while running or the perrential 'I can't runt he streets without alerting the cops' issue.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

I think that's because the fire resistance is bugged. For example, in my first playthrough, I didn't unlock fire damage level 4 until after I had already unlocked and purchased the other three levels, and there I don't catch fire. However, in my second playthrough I unlocked level 4 well before level 3, and even though it appears in my upgrades list with a checkmark next to it, I still take fire damage.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Dubstep gun + PopStar Customization = non-stop hilarity. I fucking hate this "song" in a vacuum (as I do all dubstep), but with this riff going amongst explosions and flying Xin, I find myself enraged when the game takes the gun away from me. For some reason, it tends to piss Fun Shaundi off enough that she'll leave my party... which is weird for a few reasons.

All in all, a few bugs aside, I really enjoyed SR4. There's a few missions I wish I could go back and play anytime I want, such as Asha's loyalty mission "CURSE MY SHORT ATTENTION SPAN" and I was especially (once again) fond of the old text adventure. The theme reminds me of the original Metroid and The Goonies II.

I wish the powers/melee combat was a bit more fleshed out. You have to finish most animations before being able to use powers, which gets old. However, chaining powers with weapons was at least fairly intuitive. I just like punching/stomping things as much as shooting them.