World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Temjin »

What the fuck?

So I'm coming back to world of tanks after a break of a few weeks, and I'm honestly shocked at this graphical update. And not in a good way.

I used to be able to run WoT at max settings at least 60 fps. Now, just to get a playable frame rate, I'm having to turn down the graphics settings so that the game looks considerably worse then it used to.

I mean, I can run shit like Titanfall at max settings, and I"m having trouble with WoT on any setting other than "ass".
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Have you updated your video card drivers recently? Also, I think you can set the graphics to pre9.0 settings from the visual options.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Temjin wrote:What the fuck?

So I'm coming back to world of tanks after a break of a few weeks, and I'm honestly shocked at this graphical update. And not in a good way.

I used to be able to run WoT at max settings at least 60 fps. Now, just to get a playable frame rate, I'm having to turn down the graphics settings so that the game looks considerably worse then it used to.

I mean, I can run shit like Titanfall at max settings, and I"m having trouble with WoT on any setting other than "ass".
There are a number of little fixes out there at the moment for a wide variety of graphical isues and there is going to be a hotfix tomorrow for the crashes and other major issues. Minor fps drops probably won't be fixed but still probably will help. (A pretty major issue was sound effects that weren't loaded into active memory properly.)

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/24/stor ... le-buffer/

Also that might help you.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

9.0 seems to memory leak, too. Or at least, earlier tonight the game threw out a memory error, which hasn't happened to me since 8.8 or so.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

SU-26 can be very funny. The battle before, I had to use most of the battle fleeing since my team was totally incompetent, then comes this...

http://wotreplays.eu/site/807859#el_hal ... tsen-su-26

Victory!
Battle: El Halluf
Vehicle: SU-26
Experience received: 2 528 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 22 315
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

7 kills, baby!
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get into an Historical Battle?
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I've tried a few times, but there were never enough people in the queue to start a match, so after a bit I quit again for pub matches. Which is part of the problem, I know.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Secularism—since AD 80
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

So are we all just posting bragging sores or would anyone like to play some tanks?

Angus McAWESOME. Let's go drop out hot APCR load all over some dumb pub's face, bros.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Rekkon
Padawan Learner

Post by Rekkon »

Only managed/had the patience to get into three historical battle so far. I want to like the mode, it just takes forever to get a game. It was embarrassing amounts of fun beating up on stock Shermans and Hellcats with a King Tiger though.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Is this thread dying?

Just had a great game with T-18. Perfect seal clubber, too bad they will nerf it badly...

http://wotreplays.eu/site/860899#province-berntsen-t18
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Infidel wrote:Is this thread dying?

Just had a great game with T-18. Perfect seal clubber, too bad they will nerf it badly...
I haven't played in ages due to picking up a different addiction (Marvel Heroes)

Tank rebalance has been pushed back apparently though. T18 will still be nerfed (precisely because it's such a good sealclub. The stated reason for nerfing it was "So the pedobears fuck off", Storm doesn't mince his words over on the RU forums)
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I still play, I just don't post about it much. I recently picked up the M46 Patton and unlocked the 105, so that's pretty fun.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

"So the pedobears fuck off"
I am the Pedofinder General!

Seriously, the T18 is a beast among small things, so I do understand WG, but have the feeling that, with all this balancing, we'll end up with a lot of similar behaving tanks with different looks.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Just found out that my STO fleet has 3 other WoT players. Spent last night on the East server playing with one of them.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

When I was playing a few weeks ago I was zipping past a Matilda in my Hellcat, when the Matilda blasted me for over 200 damage with an HE shell, killing me instantly. I was pretty stunned, as I didn't know the Matilda gun could do that much damage with HE, let alone penetrate me. Turns out that according to my friend who I was platooning with I had actually rammed him blowing me up. Lo and behold, his replay has me ploughing straight into the side of the enemy tank, while mine had me driving by and yet blowing up randomly.

So, with finding a bunch of 'disagreements' like that over the course of that weekend, I decided this game could go eat shit.
Apparently nobody can see you without a signature.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Wow. Were you lagging or something?

So anyway, I got the ELC AMX a couple of weeks ago. Holy shit that thing is fun, especially after the tedious AMX40 grind. For some reason, I seem to end up playing it like my StuG G, which I suppose says terrible things about my judgment in a StuG.
Secularism—since AD 80
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

What you experienced there, Steel, was probably a momentary server disconnect or really bad lag. Possibly due to someone else on your connection streaming or DLing something. Yes, World of Tanks does require enough bandwidth that those would interfere.

You might also want to make sure Steam or other software is not downloading updates, since those can wreck WoT something fierce.
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

Speedtest and pingtest looked like my connection was fine all weekend, sitting at 60Mbit/s. It was during one of the big weekends, so server loads would have been high.

It is unavoidable that in online play some network issues will come up and affect people playing. After absolute horrofests of craptacular netcode in BF3, I was hoping that WoT with its significantly slower play would be near immune to those problems, but if they can be as noticeable as I've seen, then I'll just opt out.
Apparently nobody can see you without a signature.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

It's also possible that it auto connected you to a server with worse connection that at the time of login had better ping. I always make sure to connect to the server nearest me.

Personally I rarely experience connection issues, some days I have higher ping or latency than others but it's never been consistently bad.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I have consistently poor framerate, so bad most people consider it unplayable, and lag consistent with 1/(framerate)... that is, around 50-100 milliseconds. However, I rarely have any failure mode, aside from graphics slowdown due to my inferior computer. Connection issues are not a problem for me normally.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Post by cadbrowser »

This weekend I was able to acquire the Ace Tanker Mastery Badge in my ELC AMX in a Tier VII game. I acquired 4 kills with over 1,900 damage. Now that was a fun game. Struggled for the longest time to understand how to play it. Trust me, best played fully upgraded with a 100% crew. I use as more of an active scout/TD hybrid. A few months ago I had a paltry 35% W/R in it. I've now brought that up to a 48% as of this post.

I also survived a few Tier IX matches until the the end. Acquired under 1,000 damage in those. Still learning to face-hug tho.
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

KV-1 High Caliber, Ace Mastery

Yeah, 57mm is the way to go.
Secularism—since AD 80
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

http://wotreplays.eu/site/914963#province-berntsen-t18
10 kills, almost 11, but the last one, arty, got me.
Still, the 3 remaining team mates hardly moved.
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

To those who play WOT and GUP fans too, they are finally showing the match between Oorai and Anzio (which was skipped in the original series)

My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Man, that head-to-head exchange with Hippo Team. Risky. Also, the Anzio tanks give me ELC vibes.
Secularism—since AD 80