World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by The Infidel »

Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Covenater - Ace Mastery, Confederate
http://wotreplays.com/site/943076

An abject lesson on why controlling the hill on the Mines map is important. A bottom tier light doing more damage than anyone else on the team? Madness.

Anyway, tank soccer is actually pretty awesome.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Tank soccer is absolutely amazing. :D Chassis-checking a T-62 while deflecting a tank-sized ball with a cannon shot... where else could you do that?
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Oh, after a few bad battles, my little seal clubber (T18) shines again! Most battles today is with 4 kills or more and I just had an amazing battle with 10 kills and more than 1000 dmg. Towards the end, enemy had 6 tanks left, and we were 4. I managed to play smart and let others take the kill when it was a better tactic. I still got 4 of those 6, and 3 of those were camping at own base.

See for yourself.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

A team mate having a very good battle with his FV 215B 183. Damn! That gun is insane!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

While we're on the subject of tank soccer, I just had a ridiculous match. One guy on my team was afk and the other inexplicably decided to spend nearly the entire match next to the afker, leaving just me to try to actually do anything with the ball. We lucked out and won anyway.

http://wotreplays.com/site/957408
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Secularism—since AD 80
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Fear the watermelon gun. :mrgreen:

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

My best ELC AMX performance yet! 2 kills, 1st class badge, and I survived! I'm especially proud of that last part, since I'm pretty bad with the ELC and am usually among the first to die.

http://wotreplays.com/site/965009
Secularism—since AD 80
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

The T21 is making me rage like I have never raged before. I fucking loathe scouting. Have never shown any interest in it and find the entore mechanic to be completely wrongheaded and often outright retarded. Why the hell then am players like me forced to slog through a repeat of the tier 4 light tank bullshit, but now against even more asinine odds?

My desire to scout is equal to my respect to arty and TD's. It doesn't exist.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Never liked scouting myself. The ELC is on the only light that I've ever really liked playing to be honest (outside the first couple tiers. I do have soft spot for the Pz I).

Much more a heavy tanker really.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Had a match recently where noone was going middle on Prokhorovka, so I changed directions and went there to spot. In Tiger I. Got over 4k spotting damage.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Does that game have auto aim or something?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

It does, but it targets the vehicle's center of volume. Which means that more often than not, auto aim is going to waste your shells by firing them straight at the vehicle's strongest armor. It's really only useful if you're circling a tank and have to focus on driving, and it's a tank you can reliably penetrate at at least one side.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The more common case, in my experience, would be that you'll hit whatever he's hiding behind, since usually tanks will be either hull-down or otherwise partially behind cover.
Secularism—since AD 80
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Has anyone checked out the imense tier V gun of the Cruiser II? 370 dmg and 47pen in a tier that have average armor of 30. I wish so badly that crew could be swapped between nations, because my T18-crew are almost on their 4th skillset and I've heard the T18 will be nerfed badly soon.

Well, If T18 becomes unplayable, I guess it will be time for me to move up the tier ladder. T82 was no fun at all
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Back when I sunk low enough to roll a TD, I found that the T40 is freakishly capable for it's tier.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Vejut
Padawan Learner

Post by Vejut »

Man things change: I remember when I went through the low tiers, T82 was so fun I didn't even need to swap out the stock 75mm howie, while the T40 was very meh. Granted, even at the time I think I was considered weird. But hey, at least its not the SAU 40. Speaking of, any likelihood of that tank getting less of a enthusiasm breaker anytime soon?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I blitzed through the T82, so I can't really comment on how fun it may be. I also didn't use the T40, I used the M8A1 myself.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The T40 plays like the Lee, except without the highly visible turret. As I quite liked my Lee, I'm having a blast with the T40.

Speaking of nerfs, apparently the 57mm for the Soviet T-34 got a ROF nerf, dropping from 26.09 to ~17. But the same gun fires just as fast as ever on the A-43, and the Type T-34 57mm didn't get nerfed? Way to drop the ball there, WG.
Secularism—since AD 80
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

I'm playing My Little Seal Clubber like crazy before they nerf it.
Just had an awesome battle with it. I got 10 kills, and the last was one capping our base and I shot him after the capmeter reached 100. I thought we'd lost until I saw the battle report screen.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/975020#winter ... rntsen-t18
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

T82 is a really solid tank if it's got enough crew to mitigate the aim difficulties. The T49 is the cool OP tank to exploit because you have to be good to do so.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah, the T49 is the real man's seal club, because using it as a seal club actually requires the same skills that being good at high tier medium play requires. (awareness, vision control, etc) not just "Roll OP invincitank, win game"
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Yep. The funny thing is that I have fun in that, but the Rhm tends towards maximum perversity for me. Played three matches with it. First is ruinberg, I be a camping bad person in the bushes on the road and I get invisitanked by stuff like a T34. Awesome. Next match the 12.8 betrays me and nothing hits or pens. 7 penetrations, 10 shots from a full load of 30 shots. Includes a bounce on a 50 100 that later took my last two shells so I can't pop up with my full health rhoomba and pop a one-shottable IS-3 or KT, and a shot at the side turret of a type 61 manages to hit his mantlet. Later that type 61 is the enemy tank at ~100 hp that forces a draw by surviving because our E-75 can't hit an arty. Then I get himmelsdorf on ice. Two shots into a cent to warm it up and finish it off after the hill snipers go for it. Shoot an IS-6 and take his return shot because I'm caught in the open. No damage track shot. Proceed to kill him and put two shots into the back of a light tank's turret without taking damage, just another track shot. 4k damage game all up. I don't even know.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

The T40 is the Lee on spring break, topless and bigger guns.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Highlord Laan wrote:The T21 is making me rage like I have never raged before. I fucking loathe scouting. Have never shown any interest in it and find the entore mechanic to be completely wrongheaded and often outright retarded. Why the hell then am players like me forced to slog through a repeat of the tier 4 light tank bullshit, but now against even more asinine odds?

My desire to scout is equal to my respect to arty and TD's. It doesn't exist.
Look at my post two above yours, and take notes. 8)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician