Unusual Assassin's Creed 3 (Xbox 360) issue

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Unusual Assassin's Creed 3 (Xbox 360) issue

Post by Ford Prefect »

Just yesterday I decided that I would finish off AssCreed3. When it first loaded up there was a new update for it. No issue. I said yes, updated, and my 360 restarted as it does.

But then, as the game is starting up and the Ubisoft logo is swirling onto the screen, an Xbox dialogue box tried to pop up. It froze mid-animation, as did the logo. The whole thing froze.

I've tried a few different things like logging out from Live, disconnecting the 360 from the internet, trying to get into the single player game by going through the multiplayer disc. I've not had much luck. Does anyone have any similar experiences, and if so, how did you fix them?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Re: Unusual Assassin's Creed 3 (Xbox 360) issue

Post by GuppyShark »

I've never tried un-patching a 360 game - maybe deleting the local data would fix it?
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

It's freezing before it gets to the start screen, right? On PC, that usually meant that the save data got broken and the game was locking up trying to load it. If unpatching doesn't fix it, you might be SOL and have to start over from scratch.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Is the game installed to the hard drive? If so try deleting it and running it from disc only. I recently tried to play Arkham City again and discovered that it completely refused to load from the hard drive, but worked if I ran it disc only.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Well I found the downloaded update and got rid of it ... but the problem persists. The game isn't actually installed, but I might try installing it for kicks.
What is Project Zohar?

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Oh the disc is just unreadable for some reason. Well that sucks.
What is Project Zohar?

Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Are your saves on the cloud? You might be able to play it on someone else's 360. My copy of P4A is unreadable on my 360 but works just fine on my partner's.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I imagine that if I borrow a disc from a friend it would be perfectly fine, but by the time I can I will probably not be interested in finishing it lol
What is Project Zohar?

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Ford Prefect wrote:I imagine that if I borrow a disc from a friend it would be perfectly fine, but by the time I can I will probably not be interested in finishing it lol
I had that happen to me with gears 3. I just returned to the store and they switched out disks.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Ford, if you install a friend's disc, you should then be able to give it back and use your copy from then on. I had to do that with Forza 3 way back and it worked fine.