Recommend me a Video Card

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Recommend me a Video Card

Post by Enigma »

I have a Radeon HD 7750 vid card and it is wonky. Have had several hardware and software errors and getting sick of it. While the hardware issues seem to have resolved itself (at least I haven't had any BSODs for a while), the software errors seems to continue. I've removed the drivers and reinstalled them at least a couple of times but the problem persists, so I want to replace it.

So the question is, what is a decent video card I can get for $100 to $150?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Recommend me a Video Card

Post by Mr Bean »

Funny enough the Radeon 7790 came out just this week and it's just like the 7750 but faster and selling for 140$ at the moment (It won't be in stick for another few days). But if you can get together another 30$ the Radeon 7850 (The 1 gig versions) is the kind of price/performance mountain at the moment. To note the Radeon 7850 preforms within a point or two of the 250$ cards for 170$ which is not a bad deal.

On the flip side 140$ for the 7790 is not a bad deal since hey it's 140$ and it's the newest thing on the market with all the good and bad things that brings.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton