Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own." - Alexis de Tocqueville, French writer (1805-1859)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Star Citizen - Space Combat Sim MMO PostPosted: 2012-11-15 08:06pm
Padawan Learner

Gallery of the Constellation

Work in progress of one of the larger player ships in the game(about the size of the Millenium Falcon) - i like the living areas for you and your crew or fellow players joining you on your ship.

Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who

Post subject: Re: Star Citizen - Space Combat Sim MMO PostPosted: 2012-11-19 03:12pm
Padawan Learner

The Crowdsourcing is now over : Star Citizen managed to raise $6,234,394 making it the highest crowdsourced game so far with a good margin.

Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who

Post subject: Re: Star Citizen - Space Combat Sim MMO PostPosted: 2012-12-18 03:40am
Jedi Knight

Congrats to Chris, though I'm mildly miffed at it breaking Project Eternity's record.

Here's hoping his game turns out to be the anti-EVE: one that's actually fun for non-rich players who can't afford to spend their entire life in the game. I'm interested, but I'm more interested in PE and X Rebirth.

Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.