Gots Me Some Dragon's Dogma

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Havok
Miscreant

Gots Me Some Dragon's Dogma

Post by Havok »

I downloaded the hard mode/speed run stuff. Anything else I should get straight away? Armor pack? Weapon pack?

Given my propensity for video game dress up, I'm sure I'll get those, but should I get the mission packs now, wait or not at all?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Re: Gots Me Some Dragon's Dogma

Post by Stark »

You're going to buy weapons in a single player game? :s

I've heard noises that Dark Arisen might be an expansion rather than DLC, so it might turn out now was a bad time to buy it. At least it would have been cheap.

Go directly to the rift and search for friends pawns. The lols of a l96 sorcerer are strong.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

None of the other dlc is particularly noteworthy, but it is cheap as hell.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stark wrote:You're going to buy weapons in a single player game? :s

I've heard noises that Dark Arisen might be an expansion rather than DLC, so it might turn out now was a bad time to buy it. At least it would have been cheap.

Go directly to the rift and search for friends pawns. The lols of a l96 sorcerer are strong.
Uh yes. It's part of dress up, duh.

And yeah they are listing it as an expansion... what's the difference?

It was a birthday present so it was as cheap as possible.

Are there enough missions and such that I don't need to worry about the 100+ extra I would get?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

People are afearin' Capcom will sell it individually, which would be a pretty bad idea.

The DLC missions are split between collection stuff and quests that give you a reason to go back to areas you've completed, so I'm not sure if they're worth buying at the start.

Also tell me you made a Conan. :)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh I got ya, like a separate disc.

And I haven't made anyone yet, I'm still doing the opening of the game. Hard mode is hard.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Nah, not just a separate disc, like a new version of the original game with extra content not available as DLC. Like they did with Marvel vs Capcom or Monster Hunter.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Just ordered it on Amazon.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

There are certain missions you have to do before moving on or they are lost to you forever and you're fucked out of at least one, possibly two areas: Find the girl from your home village who is lost in the fog woods, find the book with the bandits and eventually find out what happened to the duchess. If you move to far in the story before completing these, you cannot go back to them and you will lose out on an area that is the only play to get King Bay Leaves, which several items need to max out their levels. Fuck this game for that, it's shitty mission design.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Poor diddums gotta cry.

I didn't get into the second part of Witchwood until my second playthrough where I caught up on all the quests I missed. I actually think a game where you see everything in one go is lame and has no replay value, so I appreciate I was able to play again and see something new. Guess that's why I'm not a crybaby I guess.

Flagg are you even on anyone's friends list anymore? Years of xbxo in the hock has probably had you pruned by everyone.

Except Hav. He never deletes anyone. :V
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I have no idea. I still have everyone on my friends list. Once I start getting games out of pawn next month I'll be on alot more.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

How do I know who my friend's pawns are? I finally got into the rift.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)