Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-05 02:01pm
Miscreant

So concensus is Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-05 02:16pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Location: The Great, Green Pacific Northwest! It's Raining...
Hav, I have kingdoms of amalur if you want it still

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-05 04:49pm
Miscreant

Well hells yeah.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-05 08:56pm
Emperor's Hand

Amalur is pretty sweet; I returned it before I got to the boring bit Vendetta talks about. For free you can't complain.

Elfdart wrote:
my first manager and I spent the better part of an hour in his office asking an insanely hot female employee to go through the "B" authors in the Lit section. Why? Because that would make her climb up on the ladder right where the security camera was and gave us a perfect view of her perfect gazongas
whatisprojectzohar.com

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-05 09:39pm
Kneel before Zod!

The side-quests in Amalur can be pretty tedious, but supposedly you can level up just as well if you skip all of those. A few parts can be pretty brutal if your level isn't high enough by the time you get to them though.

"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-05 11:12pm
SMAKIBBFB

This seems to be the thread to drop this question in - but did anyone here try Risen 2: Dark Waters? Looked like it may have fit into this category of games nicely, but don't know anyone who has played it.

What is Project Zohar?

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-06 12:25am
Emperor's Hand

How does it fit in a discussion of good games? :v

Aaron's played it, and it's just Risen again, ie a clunky horrible Euro RPG.

Elfdart wrote:
my first manager and I spent the better part of an hour in his office asking an insanely hot female employee to go through the "B" authors in the Lit section. Why? Because that would make her climb up on the ladder right where the security camera was and gave us a perfect view of her perfect gazongas
whatisprojectzohar.com

Post subject: Re: Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kindoms Of Am PostPosted: 2012-10-08 06:44pm
Mister Zaia

Got Dragon's Dogma for my birthday recently and I rather like it. The whole game so far *feels* different to a lot of RPGs, I love the scale of countryside and buildings. Love how you can barely see anything in the dark, even with a lamp. I think it's safe to say it's the first JRPG to go for an open world RPG style game, and for their first attempt (so far at least) it seems pretty cool.

Have Kingdom's of Amalur and have completed it. Combat generally has a nice meaty feel to it, but the game is basically just a bunch of pretty looking corridors when you get down to it. Recently got the Dead Kel DLC for Zaia to play and she really enjoyed it.

Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...