World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:56:32 PM
Vehicle: ELC AMX
Experience received: 2,106 (x2)
Credits received: 22,430
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Honestly, most fun tank in the game. And yes frontally it will bounce shots, from time to time. But hey trading fire with T8 heavies and winning thanks to low profile + massively awesome gun makes this tank.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg 03 July 2013 18:45:11
Vehicle: Churchill VII
Experience received: 4,514 (x2)
Credits received: 76,426
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Killed a Heavy Churchill, Hellcat, JagdIV, PzIV,SU-85 and a Panther. Got three of them as the last person on my team.

Really, it's not that bad a tank.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Do anyone of you have the FV215b 183? How badass is it?

I had a game where I came a bit late to the main party and found a lot of enemies with their HP drained and easy to pick. The battle statistics showed that one player in his FV215b 183 had done more than 7 300 dmg and one kill. Seems he put his gun to good use and drained hp of the enemies to make them easy pickings for his team. We had an easy victory.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Westfield Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:21:32 AM
Vehicle: T1 Heavy Tank
Experience received: 4,020 (x5)
Credits received: 42,236
Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

Mission plus x5 bonus= happy tanker. I need to pull that off with my KV-4 now.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I finally had one of those epic T71 games that make people call it OP.

Victory!
Map: Airfield
Date: Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:29:28 PM
Vehicle: T71
Exp: 8,439 (x5) + Credits: 57,388
Achievements: : Master Gunner

3 kills (Comet, Lorraine 155 50, and T-50), ~2.5k damage dealt, and ~800 helped damage; the best part is that I got the mission bonus and the 5x bonus in the same match.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Test server travel report: I need a crusader SP. 20 hp/ton, 14 kph forwards sounds ridiculous until you realize it hits 45 kph going backwards. It is the best attack arty.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Friday, July 05, 2013 1:05:36 AM
Vehicle: M103
Experience received: 10,186 (fine: 15; x5)
Credits received: 90,940 (fine: 1,170)
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

The fine was from a 13-90 who decided crossing sideways in front of a full speed 103 was a safe idea, little bastard later ganked what would have been a top gun. still 5x exp on a 5000 damage win is awesome, extremely so when combined with the bonus for being the most damaging tank and the week of premium time i'm on from a bonus code a clanmate snagged at the last WG meet-up in New York.

i also bought a RAM-II with the 1k gold that came with that code, always wanted one of those little rapid-fire damage sponges.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Cliff Friday, July 05, 2013 12:14:07 AM
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. IV
Experience received: 644
Credits received: 37,898
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Not even sure how that happened. Probably had to do with the fact I bounced a ton of shots from a platoon of B1s, then just barely survived a direct hit from an M37.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Victory!
Battle: Erlenberg 08 July 2013 20:14:17
Vehicle: Matilda
Experience received: 1,443
Credits received: 26,070
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper, Master Gunner, Cool-Headed, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

So much blood. I ran into their scouting force, accounting for 3 of their tanks, then just kept driving forwards. Sadly, I missed getting a Radely-Walters by literally one shot.

In other news, I picked up the top gun for the AMX 50 100. I am rather enjoying this thing; it's like a medium I can drive semi-competently while spraying horrible gunfire at everyone.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

7 kills! Fuck yeah!
Victory!
Battle: Malinovka 11. juli 2013 00:10:46
Vehicle: T18
Experience received: 2 797
Credits received: 11 155
Battle Achievements: Top Gun
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

Vanas wrote:Victory!
Battle: Erlenberg 08 July 2013 20:14:17
Vehicle: Matilda
Experience received: 1,443
Credits received: 26,070
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper, Master Gunner, Cool-Headed, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

So much blood. I ran into their scouting force, accounting for 3 of their tanks, then just kept driving forwards. Sadly, I missed getting a Radely-Walters by literally one shot.

In other news, I picked up the top gun for the AMX 50 100. I am rather enjoying this thing; it's like a medium I can drive semi-competently while spraying horrible gunfire at everyone.
the Matilda is probably my favorite tier 4 tank and one of my 'keeper' tanks. the low speed is a fair trade for it's armor level and the high penning squeeze bore 2lber just chews things up, with the accuracy buff in 8.6 combined with the Matilda's slow stable crawl you can hit and pen at will, while still moving forward at 20kph.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Argh, back to the tier of hell for the T-43 and T-34-1. Doesn't help that the 34-1 is an utter bag of shite without its top gun, because it has literally nothing else going for it, no gun depression, poor acceleration, no armour worth noticing, and even quite a small HP pool.

It feels impossible to carry, and even quite difficult to contribute unless people deliberately ignore you. The T-43 has a barely better time of it due to slightly better mobility, but it's still really hard to carry a team in it, even if you can make a worthwhile contribution.

The last few days have been a literal day and night of playing those tanks and losing hard and playing the IS or T29 and winning just as hard because they will almost always do the business.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I know that pain, I'm running a T-34-1 and a 30.02. The 34 I free xped the turret and tracks and I had the 100 from the IS-2 being unlocked, and it's honestly pretty sweet. It doesn't drive badly at all and the layout lets me poke with the front at enough angle that I can get some bounces. The gun is great though. Bad but manageable soft stats and good enough pen and damage to make dealing with them totally worth it. The D is just terrible though. Trades its speed, pen and alpha for armor that doesn't actually do a thing. Yay.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

The 30.02D is tolerable if you spam APCR from the 88. Otherwise, it's garbage.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I still have about 9k to go for the top turret on the T-34-1 (I have the 100mm unlocked for when I get it), and with the 85mm guns it is utter garbage.

Yesterday I managed to run a 75% win rate in the T29 and something like 65% in the WZ-131 but only 43% in that bag of fail.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Sharpshooter with SU-26. Well, it's still playable. I did the most damage of both teams with 747, more than twice as much as #2 on damage dealt on my team.
Defeat
Battle: Mountain Pass 11. juli 2013 17:45:22
Vehicle: SU-26
Experience received: 244
Credits received: 8 511
Battle Achievements: Sharpshooter
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Vendetta wrote:I still have about 9k to go for the top turret on the T-34-1 (I have the 100mm unlocked for when I get it), and with the 85mm guns it is utter garbage.

Yesterday I managed to run a 75% win rate in the T29 and something like 65% in the WZ-131 but only 43% in that bag of fail.
Yeah, I put my free XP into the 34-1 because it at least gets better. The D only gets better when it turns into an indien panzer.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Marko Dash wrote:the Matilda is probably my favorite tier 4 tank and one of my 'keeper' tanks. the low speed is a fair trade for it's armor level and the high penning squeeze bore 2lber just chews things up, with the accuracy buff in 8.6 combined with the Matilda's slow stable crawl you can hit and pen at will, while still moving forward at 20kph.
Amusingly enough, it had my lowest win rate of any (reasonably driven) tank for quite some time, surpassing even the Caernarvon and the Tiger in failure. It seems to have redeemed itself recently and is closing in on the magic 50%.

In other news, the 50 100 is an utter joy to play with the top gun. Yes, the cylinder reload is long but it doesn't really matter because you're hella fast and whatever was in front of you is now a battered wreck of a tank.It's also one of those tanks that's just fun to drive around the map in; fast, responsive, armed with its nasty dakka cannon and fully capable of scaring pretty much anything at its tier. Honestly, it and the M4 '45 have been really pleasant surprises that I recommend to people who want some slightly different heavies.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The tyrrany of the stock T-34-1 is ended! Numbers come out of things when I shoot at them again!
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:23:23 PM
Vehicle: SU-122-44
Experience received: 2,894 (x2)
Credits received: 75,173
Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, The Lion of Sinai, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Ive some screen shots of the after battle, but it really is too bad I wasn't recording. 4.2k damage dealt with 2.3k received.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Friday, July 12, 2013 2:11:35 PM
Vehicle: T95
Experience received: 5,112 (x3)
Credits received: 60,660

Love it when pubbies forget what flanking is. Only damage was to my scope, no HP taken off. 4.7k damage done.
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

Victory!
Map: El Halluf
Date: July-12-13 9:22:29 PM
Vehicle: SU-122-44
Exp: 6,951 (x3) + Credits: 113,235
Achievements: : Radley-Walters's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper

BAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA! Almost managed a Pool's but somebody else killed the t-25 after I smacked him for 2/3's of his HP with my first shot.

This thing has no business facing tier 5's, make it a tier 8 with pref match-making and it would feel hell of a lot more balanced.
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

To everyone who doesn't have a T54E1; get a T54E1. I'm averaging a bit over 3,100 damage per game and maxed at 6,921. Probably the best tier 9 I've ever driven.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm still trying to get the ST-1.

*sighs at the 15k or so XP still needed*
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

My first Top Gun on SU-26 after the nerf.
Victory!
Battle: Malinovka 19. juli 2013 16:46:44
Vehicle: SU-26
Experience received: 366
Credits received: 6 448
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Reaper