My Smart Phone doesn't like Music [HTC EVO]

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Blayne
On Probation

My Smart Phone doesn't like Music [HTC EVO]

Post by Blayne »

I have an HTC EVO Android smart phone, since my Ipod Nano broke I've been using it to play music, but I have some issues.

1) It doesn't like to update my playlists, if I add a song to itunes and then click resync using either Easy Phone Tunes or DoubleTwist it doesn't reliably update the song, usually it will show up under "recently added" but not under my actual playlists.

2) None of my songs seem to be in alphabetical order, the first time I somehow managed to get songs transferred over it was in order, but not the second time when I added some new songs.

Anyone use a better app that's easy to use than doubletwist? I want it to interact with my itunes.

Also a good candidate for a general smart phone discussion thread if anyone's interested.

Another grief I have is being unable to "tab" away from Youtube when listening to something, it always "cancels" out and stops buffering.

Thanks in advance!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: My Smart Phone doesn't like Music [HTC EVO]

Post by General Zod »

Have you tried Winamp?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Blayne wrote:I have an HTC EVO Android smart phone, since my Ipod Nano broke I've been using it to play music, but I have some issues.

1) It doesn't like to update my playlists, if I add a song to itunes and then click resync using either Easy Phone Tunes or DoubleTwist it doesn't reliably update the song, usually it will show up under "recently added" but not under my actual playlists.

2) None of my songs seem to be in alphabetical order, the first time I somehow managed to get songs transferred over it was in order, but not the second time when I added some new songs.

Anyone use a better app that's easy to use than doubletwist? I want it to interact with my itunes.

Also a good candidate for a general smart phone discussion thread if anyone's interested.

Another grief I have is being unable to "tab" away from Youtube when listening to something, it always "cancels" out and stops buffering.

Thanks in advance!

Use the double twist desktop app, sync it with your itunes, and plug in your phone and click and drag the new ones.

Alternatively, just "import from folder" on doubletwist whenever you get a new podcast or what have you, it will definately update doubletwist then(it'll only add new files, not old ones). Then plug in, click and drag.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

It didn't work, and sometimes it just deletes my playlists without replacing it.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Why not just drag and drop into the file system?
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

That doesn't work either, that way at most it just shows up under "Recently Added" which means I can't differentiate between my playlists, assuming you just mean putting it on my phone directly.

Eventually I got my playlist updated by randomly tinkering with it, but they're still bizzarely not in alphabetical order. :(

I can understand having kanji and hiragana titled tracks out of order but my 12 or so "UN Owen was Her!?" tracks should be all together under "U".
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Blayne wrote:That doesn't work either, that way at most it just shows up under "Recently Added" which means I can't differentiate between my playlists, assuming you just mean putting it on my phone directly.

Eventually I got my playlist updated by randomly tinkering with it, but they're still bizzarely not in alphabetical order. :(

I can understand having kanji and hiragana titled tracks out of order but my 12 or so "UN Owen was Her!?" tracks should be all together under "U".
How are your ID3 tags labeled? It's probably taking track number and album name into consideration first.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

What app are you using to play music?
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

I'm using Doubletwist, I just got back home going to double check how my songs are ID'ed the next point I charge my phone. I lot of my stuff is arranges from youtube/niconico douga so that may explain the wacky ordering, but it was in the correct order the very first time it sync'ed right though, just never since then.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Try Poweramp, it's much better than Doubletwist. It does cost like five bucks, but it's well worth it IMO, plus you can try it out for free for fifteen days. I've used it as my music player ever since it came out, having tried Doubletwist beforehand, and with it I've never had any of the issues you're having. I just drag-and-drop my music through Windows Explorer, for the record.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Executor32 wrote:Try Poweramp, it's much better than Doubletwist. It does cost like five bucks, but it's well worth it IMO, plus you can try it out for free for fifteen days. I've used it as my music player ever since it came out, having tried Doubletwist beforehand, and with it I've never had any of the issues you're having. I just drag-and-drop my music through Windows Explorer, for the record.
I second this. It's an amazing application. My sole reason for purchasing it was that the stock player on my HTC Vivid did not support gapless playback. Many songs I listen to bleed into one another to create a seamless experience. I have to have that feature,. I just don't understand why anyone would use some song management application when the phone you bought supports drag and dropping videos, photos, and music.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Fuck Doubletwist and all the rest.

Cloudskipper - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pper&hl=en

And just manage files manually, after all it's just a USB drive when connected.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

I got the trial for poweramp, the UI confuses me, how do I tell it to use my playlist or do I have to manually choose the 200 songs I have? Does cloud skipper let me have different playlists?
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Cloudskipper lets you have multiple playlists, not sure if you can import a playlist though.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Blayne wrote:I got the trial for poweramp, the UI confuses me, how do I tell it to use my playlist or do I have to manually choose the 200 songs I have? Does cloud skipper let me have different playlists?
Add the songs to a playlist. Press and hold over the album/song title and click add to playlist. If you don't have one already on the phone, you can create a new one. You can have multiple playlists as well. It's pretty straight forward.

Here are some screens.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-20dK ... -19-38.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4bBw ... -16-39.png

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L6S- ... -16-45.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ARHt ... -17-05.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZxZX ... -17-16.png

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Skve ... -18-42.png
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

You can also put playlist files you've already created into your music folders, and they will show up under 'File-based playlists'. I know for sure that .m3u and .m3u8 formats are supported, I think .pls, .wpl and whatever iTunes uses are as well.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。