The Witcher 2 (360)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Re: The Witcher 2 (360)

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Maybe he just wasn't paying attention? The game goes out of its way to remind you what happened in the last game so I don't even know what the fuck.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Also have to say, I had no issue understanding what was going on with the game.

It doesn't spoon feed you, and you do need to actually listen to what is being said to you, and talk to people... but it tells you all you need to know if you are playing it like a proper RPG.

Been a while since I've actually finished the game now so can't quite remember how it ends. I'm only at Verden on my second play through. Considering I'm playing as fast as possible, whilst still doing all the side quests and knowing all the tricks to race through the quests... it's still taken me 10 hours to do the first third.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

It ends with you having a chat with Letho where he flat out explains everything that was going on and why.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

You are right, I remember now, but as I recall if you just say "let's fight" or whatever you miss all that expo

and sets it up for a war with Spoiler
Nilfgaard
in the sequel

Which is your favourite version of the game? I prefer the Verden play through, siding with Roche just makes me feel like a massive arsehole.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Only still in Act 1 of my Roche playthrough, but Iorveth is a pretty awesome dude and was the main reason I liked his path.
Karza
Jedi Knight

Post by Karza »

Iorveth's path makes it possible to be more of a traditional goody-two-shoes hero. Roche's path mainly consists of helping assorted shitheads out of necessity. I can't really name a personal favorite, though on Roche's path you do miss one quite interesting nugget of information.
Spoiler
Or has someone managed to discover the dragon's identity during a Roche playthrough?
"Death before dishonour" they say, but how much dishonour are we talking about exactly? I mean, I can handle a lot. I could fellate a smurf if the alternative was death.
- Dylan Moran