DirecTV DVR question

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

DirecTV DVR question

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

I'm trying to record some stuff on my DVR to DVD before I terminate my DirecTV service and I'm wondering if, in the few days between the service cancelling and sending them the DVR back, can I still record off it cause I feel like I need a day or two more and I don't know if it will work.

Sorry if this is kind of a super-specific thread but I'm seriously low on time and I've been running myself ragged trying to get it done but I'm out of time. So if anyone may have an answer, please, let me know preferably before Thursday because that's my last day. Thank you in advance for any help.
Kanye West Saves.

18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Re: DirecTV DVR question

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Does anyone know about this? I've not been able to find any other information that is conclusive or at least not techno-talk jibberish, and I'm seriously running out of time. Like, less than a day. If anyone knows if the DVR will do playback after the cut off date, I'd be glad to know one way or the other because I've been going crazy trying to get my stuff off the DVR and I don't know what else to do.
Kanye West Saves.

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: DirecTV DVR question

Post by Dalton »

This thread may be relevant to your interests.

tl;dr Disconnect the DVR from the satellite service before the cancellation is in effect and you should be able to continue with playback. That's the gist I got from the link.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.