Capcom includes Mega Man as joke SFxT char, hilarity ensues

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Capcom includes Mega Man as joke SFxT char, hilarity ensues

Post by Executor32 »

Capcom includes Mega Man as joke SFxT char, hilarity ensues.

Remember this Mega Man? From the box art of the original NES game?

Capcom is including him as a bonus character in Street Fighter x Tekken, lopsided helmet greeblies and all.

This is hilarious enough as it is, but the amazing butthurt it seems to have caused among Mega Man fans makes it even better. Look at most of the comments at the source link, you'd think Capcom shot their dog or something. I love Mega Man and all, but I'm not going to cry about it if someone pokes fun at it, especially not when it's something as so-bad-it's-awesome as this.
Last edited by Dalton on 2012-03-04 07:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed as per OP's request
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Re: Capcom includes Mega Man as joke SFxT char, hilarity ens

Post by Ford Prefect »

You're a little late to the party on this :P
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

So I am. :oops:

Oh well, butthurt fatnerds are always fun to laugh at. :lol:

EDIT: What the hell happened to the first sentence? It was supposed to say "Remember this Mega Man? From the box art of the original NES game?" If a passing mod could fix that for me, I'd really appreciate it.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

lol Kuro and Toro =w=

I think a lot of nerds have heard of them because of the Revoltech figures. I wonder if Kaiyodo will make some more in their fighting outfits.

Honestly I'm more incensed that they got awful boxart Mega Man's outfit wrong. Come on guys, it's only the most infamous piece of artwork you ever paid a guy ten dollars to make.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Andrew_Fireborn
Jedi Knight

Post by Andrew_Fireborn »

It would be a pretty funny thing... were it not for the sequence of events surrounding it.

Primarily, the creator of the IP leaving Capcom, followed by the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3 a month before the paid demo that was proposed to gauge interest in the game itself, citing lack of fan interest.

I'm unaware of whether CapcomEU's twitter had been hacked or not, but for a period after the cancellation, there were some fairly trolly comments coming out of it, such as claiming that Capcom expected the fans to do all of the work on the game they would be sold.

Then this. To fans of the series, it seems like some people at Capcom have it in for their former mascot.
Rule one of Existance: Never, under any circumstances, underestimate stupidity. As it will still find ways to surprise you.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

And don't forget the previous cancellation of Megaman Universe, too.

Coming after all that, what should've been at worst just a dumb joke probably feels more like a big, steaming dump to the fanbase.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Eh~
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

SAMAS wrote:Coming after all that, what should've been at worst just a dumb joke probably feels more like a big, steaming dump to the fanbase.
The fact that Megaman fans treated it as a personal insult made me wish it actually was a personal insult.

Then it was! Fantastic!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

VF5SS wrote:

Eh~
Okay, now I'm insulted. :(
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

VF5SS wrote:

Eh~
Can someone explain to me what was happening? I don't have the sound on since I can barely hear anything. Is Megaman supposed to act like a retard?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Yes. He sees the globes of light, thinks they're fairies, and says that if he can catch one, he can be like 'that Nintendo guy' (Link, obviously). Then he says some shit to himself while flailing around like an idiot. Then at the end, he says 'NO! CAAAPCOOOOOM!'
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
phineusbright247
Redshirt

Post by phineusbright247 »

VF5SS wrote:

Eh~
Well it sure is one of the biggest " i dont wana live anymore" kinda moment for Mega man fans and frankly i feel sorry for mega man for he's a douchebag (according to Capcom ie)
free online stick games, play stick game, stick shooting games
music games, best music games, free games music