Please for the love of God tell me this is a joke (Asscree3)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Please for the love of God tell me this is a joke (Asscree3)

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Please for the love of God tell me this is a joke (Asscr

Post by Flagg »

NO! DON'T DO SOMETHING NEW!!!
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Flagg, I've never even played any of the AssCree games. This is just a really stupid cover.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Shouldn't the Assassins be trying to stop the crazy masonic founding fathers?

Oh right, gotta suck the dicks of American consumers.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

The fact that the cover is cribbing a scene from The Patriot does not inspire confidence in it's storyline.

EDIT: Also, IIRC they're taking inspiration from a Ctrl Alt Del sketch too. I now have less confidence
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

weemadando wrote:Oh right, gotta suck the dicks of American consumers.
Eh, I can see how they'd justify the British Empire as being a Templar thing since its putting large swathes of the planet under central control.

It's still stupid and uninspired. Also, lacking the hidden blade any interesting gadgets.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

I'm half expecting this assassin to be at least part native. Something set in the American revolution was pretty much inevitable, though. It's probably gonna be pretty focused on getting into that vault in New York, and it'll certainly be interesting to see how they adapt the gameplay to way more guns and less developed cities/regions.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

God fucking dammit can they lay off with the American flag already?

From here.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Oh no, there's symbols of the time period! Must bitch even though there were giant fucking crosses in the last couple and all kinds of Crusade era icons spread all over the first game. :roll: The Grand Temple is in NY, they're clearly trying to advance the modern day story line, so it makes sense that the links to the past are also in the US.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

No, there is a symbol of the time period. Which happens to be a giant goddamn American flag, so placed as to associate this guy with it.

Which is pretty insulting if he's actually native.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

I fail to see why you guys are even surprised at this. I saw it coming from the first one.

It was either this or the American Civil War. Might still be both.
Ryan Thunder wrote:No, there is a symbol of the time period. Which happens to be a giant goddamn American flag, so placed as to associate this guy with it.

Because there were absolutely no Native Americans that fought on behalf of the colonies, even for pay or their own agendas?
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Man fights English in America, is associated with American flag - CALL DA POLICE!

I'm more interested in if the game can sell the Templars as anything but a bunch of incompetent bunglers.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Ryan Thunder wrote:No, there is a symbol of the time period. Which happens to be a giant goddamn American flag, so placed as to associate this guy with it.

There's no confirmation at all that he's a native. Even if he is they fought as scouts and auxiliaries of the Continental Army, so no, it's not insulting.That flag is mean as a hint of the setting, so yeah it's an Assassin standing in front of that flag gives a big hint "Revolutionary War Era." If the game is set in the US during that era there is literally no more recognizable or appropriate symbol to hint at that.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Stark wrote: I'm more interested in if the game can sell the Templars as anything but a bunch of incompetent bunglers.
You don't think any of the previous ones did that?
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

That's why I had hoped they'd flip it and the Masons are the modern templars do all of American history, manifest destiny etc has been manufactured to give the Templars a modern, superpower, powerbase.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Literally the only templars in the games that weren't morons are the ones in the little puzzle things in AC2 and Bros. The ones in the actual game bits are blundering idiots, without fail.

Anyway Ando, it's fairly clear from the "historical documents" that the US does become a tool of the templars, but it doesn't necessarily have to start off that way.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I don't know, Ahmet was pretty good, you know? He wasn't a psychopath and he had Ezio running in circles all the way up to Cappadocia. I mean AssCreedII and AssBros was a wrong direction for the Templars, but AssRev was closer to the original in terms of how the Templars are portrayed, despite the other disappointments about that game.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

This is true, although once he was revealed he slipped into "I am a bad guy! I will do bad things and explain them!"
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Man, I looooooooooove ass creed and assbros, but this, I don't know if I can get on board with this. I was really hoping for an all-Desmond game. Also the revolutionary war is the least interesting time period for me, so I may just wait for price drop (like bargain bin). I'm good with leaving the series closing out the Ezio/Altair saga, thx.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Losonti Tokash wrote:This is true, although once he was revealed he slipped into "I am a bad guy! I will do bad things and explain them!"
Nobody's perfect :v

Anyway, AssCreed III being set in Revolutionary War America doesn't bother me too much. I just wonder where it'll be set exactly. A real strength of the previous games have been the cities, and I was interested in a Revolutionary France game because Paris, but what was even going on architecturally in america back then?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Stark wrote:Man fights English in America, is associated with American flag - CALL DA POLICE!
Sorta. Now go fuck yourself.
Block wrote: There's no confirmation at all that he's a native. Even if he is they fought as scouts and auxiliaries of the Continental Army, so no, it's not insulting.
Considering how they treated natives elsewhere I think they might have different opinions on that.
That flag is mean as a hint of the setting, so yeah it's an Assassin standing in front of that flag gives a big hint "Revolutionary War Era." If the game is set in the US during that era there is literally no more recognizable or appropriate symbol to hint at that.
It's funny that they never seemed to feel a need to put a 'recognizable or appropriate symbol' of the time period until the game involved a certain group of British rebels.

But hey, I hear its totally impossible that they're just obnoxiously hawking the American flag like morons to suck in American players. :lol:
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Did you complain about the ridiculous placement of 'historical' figures and places and images throughout all the other games? Its a bit late to be upset about the broadening of the concept of 'the assassins' or that's game set during a war dares - DARES - to use the flag of the side the assassin is on.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Ryan Thunder wrote:It's funny that they never seemed to feel a need to put a 'recognizable or appropriate symbol' of the time period until the game involved a certain group of British rebels.
So I'm guessing you missed the giant crosses and crescents that were throughout the first 4 games?
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Here's an article describing possible scenarios
http://www.ugo.com/games/assassins-cree ... ar-moments

I think Yorktown would be a great climax, and I think the shot heard round the world and lexington concord would also work.

Also, if I recall correctly the Modern era is when the templars are on the ascendence and the assassins are dying out. Methinks that this is when they start to ascend to the victor's table (I imagine that Louis XIV was a templar as well.)