Crusader Kings II?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Skgoa
Jedi Master

Re: Crusader Kings II?

Post by Skgoa »

After playing it for a coupe of nights (*yawn*) I can attest to it being almost completely bug-free.
But it's also very very complex. This thread covers most of what one needs to know about the game mechanics: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... de-to-CKII
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
Chirios
Jedi Knight

Post by Chirios »

Akhlut wrote:So, you murdered your son who had a congenital birth defect? That's cold. :lol:
It wasn't just that he had a birth defect, he was also a Muslim who took his mothers' name. Utterly unforgivable.
I am looking forward to getting employed so I can either upgrade my computer or just get a new laptop and playing it. Seems good that Paradox has finally released a game that isn't completely fucked on release. :D
I don't think the graphics requirements for this game are that large tbh. If you can play Mass Effect 2 you should be able to play this.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Chirios wrote:
Akhlut wrote:So, you murdered your son who had a congenital birth defect? That's cold. :lol:
It wasn't just that he had a birth defect, he was also a Muslim who took his mothers' name. Utterly unforgivable.
How dare that child!
I am looking forward to getting employed so I can either upgrade my computer or just get a new laptop and playing it. Seems good that Paradox has finally released a game that isn't completely fucked on release. :D
I don't think the graphics requirements for this game are that large tbh. If you can play Mass Effect 2 you should be able to play this.
Unfortunately, my XBox 360 can't run CKII. :P

Anyway, I can run the demo mostly fine, the only issue is the weird border glitch I mentioned earlier (borders flickering when moving my mouse around). Otherwise, the maps load up fine, the armies march okay, the portraits age appropriately, and all that. It's just the border thing.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!