slow program access

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

dragon
Sith Marauder

slow program access

Post by dragon »

Lately I've noticed my pc getting sluggish when it comes to opening a program despite having low cpu and mem usage. Once it's open however it runs fine. I've checked for viruses, trojans, malware, have plenty of hard drive space, page file is ample. I also have checked for updates, defragged my hard drive. Any have suggestion of what else to try.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
TronPaul
Padawan Learner

Re: slow program access

Post by TronPaul »

Try running some form of system cleaner (CCleaner or something else). It could be that your hard drive is having issues resulting in a slower read time (leading to slower program start up). If you can't find the issue a full reinstall is a last resort, though I prefer it to digging for issues.
If it waddles like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a KV-5.
Vote Electron Standard, vote Tron Paul 2012
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Check your RAM integrity?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

I have CCleaner and ram integrity was fine. I did npticed that the program seems to come and go.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Changed or updated your antivirus software lately? Even if the answer is no, you might try launching with and without it turned on just to see if there is a noticeable difference. If there is, you may just need to fine tune it to fit your needs.