Forza 4 And Why Flash Is A Sonuvabitch!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Havok
Miscreant

Forza 4 And Why Flash Is A Sonuvabitch!

Post by Havok »

'57 Bel Air.
'65 GTO.
'66 Nova.
'67 Chevelle.
'68 Firebird.
'67 Cornet.
'70 Super Bee.
'71 GTX.
'64 Impala.
'70 Camaro
'69 Charger.
'69 Daytona Charger.

Why Flash? Why did you not tell me, while I was wasting time in Gears, that I could be driving these beautiful examples of American Muscle? You were playing the game. I heard you.

I thought we were pals.

So now that your Sonuvabitchness is explained...

Do I have to spend countless hours trying to get good at this game so that I can win these cars?
Some of them are DLC, so can I access them immediately or do they become in game winnable/purchasable only?
Once in my possession, what kind of customization is available?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Flash
Padawan Learner

Re: Forza 4 And Why Flash Is A Sonuvabitch!

Post by Flash »

Why did I not tell you? I was trying to save you! American muscle cars from that period may look really cool, but they're fucking awful to actually drive.

The Forza games aren't actually all that difficult, though that being said i've found the AI to be WAY more aggressive in 4. Races can be an exercise in frustration through the first few corners, but once you get ahead you tend to stay there. This installment has caused me more ragequits than previous games for certain.

There's no restrictions on when you can buy cars - if you've got the cash knock yourself out. The DLC adds more cars to the car store, and the same rules apply. Downloading the DLC gives you access to buy the cars with in game credits. Each time you increase your driver level you are given a choice of a few cars. What you get access to is set each level, and they're always themed - American Muscle, British Sports car, Hypercar, etc, and all the cars are roughly equivalent, so there tends not to be a best choice.

Car customisation is the usual stuff - power increases, weight reduction, suspension mods, but you also get to fiddle with the settings, like spring height, turbo boost, all that sort of stuff. If like me you can't be bothered, you can download car setups from the marketplace that have been made by other players, some of whom may even know what the fuck they're doing. Some of these can cost in game credits, but it's usually not much.

You can mod the paint job on your cars as well, and again you can download skins others have made. Some of them are pretty damn good too.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I don't wanna rain on your parade Hav, but most of the tracks in Forza have corners in, and thus present something of a challenge for the muscle car.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Corners present me a problem in any car apparently. :lol:

I tried the demo for like an hour.

Man I suck. Like, the feel of the corners just don't translate through the controller like I would take them on my bike... if that makes sense?

Also apparently this game requires "breaking" and other fancy techniques that I don't remember Gran Turismo needing. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Vendetta wrote:I don't wanna rain on your parade Hav, but most of the tracks in Forza have corners in, and thus present something of a challenge for the muscle car.
I use the Ford GT.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

the muscle cars handle the corners just fine for their respective performance class, sometimes it's just with the back held out and a 30 degree AoA.

their heavier weight is a hindrance, but it also allows for better tires and engines with more hp and torque than the lighter imports in the same class.

I've won a few multiplayer uphill mountain races in the 69 charger daytona, people seem to underestimate how helpful it is to have the low band torque the big displacement engines have. the superchargers are also a big help in that area that people ignore due to the turbochargers better stats.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Man, even in Mario Kart I found the bikes handled way different (and easier) than the karts. I don't think car games are your bag, Hav.
XXXI