Mass Effect 3 Demo

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Havok
Miscreant

Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo

Post by Havok »

Yeah the Krogan became a threat after they were given the technology to leave their world to destroy the Rachni.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Havok wrote:Yeah the Krogan became a threat after they were given the technology to leave their world to destroy the Rachni.
Yes, their planet was a shithole and Korrigans were uplifted after their third world wide nuclear exchange. They had smashed their own species into the ground twice and once they got off their planet they bred like locusts and thus the Korgan wars as they started talking what they wanted rather than staying a good little warrior race.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Are you aware of how horrible that post was?

TBH I can't see even the uplifted krogan being a problem for the reapers, since they lack Actual Jesus and are retarded. Its quite remarkable how Bioware manage to so consistently get their dilemmas wrong.
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

The krogan are a threat to the reapers in the sense that the krogan might conquer and wipe out races that the reapers are interested in harvesting.
Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Anacronian wrote:The krogan are a threat to the reapers in the sense that the krogan might conquer and wipe out races that the reapers are interested in harvesting.
No they aren't. Not naturally at least.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Harbinger says the Krogan are a sterilized race with their potential wasted. It's likely that the Reapers would want to harvest them if not for the genophage.
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Aaron MkII
Jedi Master

Post by Aaron MkII »

So we'll get to see the Turians and Asari do something other then get pasted?
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Aaron MkII wrote:So we'll get to see the Turians and Asari do something other then get pasted?
My understanding is we'll get to see everyone do something, and then get pasted. Image
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Aaron MkII wrote:So we'll get to see the Turians and Asari do something other then get pasted?
The implication of Mordin's dialogue in the demo is that the turians are doing the heavy lifting but they need krogan support otherwise the Reapers will just roll everyone with no issue. I'm not willing to bet how relevant this will turn out to be though.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPDQzTKYAV0

Little live action trailer here. So now they're just copying Halo in marketing style.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

"Fleet masses in orbit: Are we under attack?"

Tough question. Better ask Admiral Hackett.

Oh wait. I thought the top Alliance commanders had next to no warning anything was happening? :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Man, that video's like a year old. :lol:
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

My computer can be quite convincing with its South Korean impression. At class right now, but as soon as I get home, back to ME3. So far, starting at level 30 is somewhat hilarious, although adepts always feel grossly overpowered until the game starts throwing shielded enemies at you.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

What difficulty are you playing on?