Street Fighter X Tekken

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Street Fighter X Tekken

Post by Korgeta »

Capcom's 'us vs whoever we come acorss' continues with Tekken, to be honest I haven't followed much on Tekken for a bit, Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur got my attention in the past, so was bit surprised that Capcom decide to do another crossover but with street fighter and Tekken (why never mortal kombat why?)

Anyway here's a clip from last year regarding gameplay in devlopment.

I do like some of the camera angle attacks, nice to include Dino Crisis in a stage but it would be nice to have the T-rex's try to actually attack you admist the fight.

And a promotional clip, well the latest one anyway.

(As said before I haven't tried tekken for a while but 'devil jin' I take it is a bad thing?
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Korgeta wrote:(why never mortal kombat why?)
Because, realistically, if the World Warriors found out that they were about to fight someone who's previous matches typically ended with them ripping their opponent's head out of their bodies with the spine still attached their reaction would be to shit their pants and run away.

The contrast in tone between these two franchises is just too much to reconcile.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You could similarly say that MK guys would get totally raped by people who regularly get shot by giant lasers and don't die. Fighting games? Not realistic? :shock:

How did the SNK vs Capcom stuff go? Those games had a pretty strong difference in style, and Tekken is much more a technical fighting game than a super spam game.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

To be honest I'm more interested in the Tekken 6 style version. It'll be more interesting to get the Capcom stable out of their particular niche and into a more technical fighter than the other way round. I mean I enjoy the odd bit of Streeties but it's not exactly my favourite paradigm.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Because Mortal Kombat is a bad game made by bad people who never learned to spell properly.
...I'm not biased at all, why would you think so?

I have to say that I loved the look of Tekken, but I've never been able to get the hang of its playstyle. If they prevent the downfall of Street Fighter IV (aka ZANGIEF WINS EVERYTHING), this looks like it could be a fun game.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

Molyneux wrote:
Because Mortal Kombat is a bad game made by bad people who never learned to spell properly.
...I'm not biased at all, why would you think so?
Nonesense! Their not misspelling! their simply er...restyling the KalphaKet *silence*
Drooling Iguana wrote: Because, realistically, if the World Warriors found out that they were about to fight someone who's previous matches typically ended with them ripping their opponent's head out of their bodies with the spine still attached their reaction would be to shit their pants and run away.

The contrast in tone between these two franchises is just too much to reconcile.
I don't think that's entirely the case, look at Mortal Kombat vs DC, with exception to the Joker and Deathstroke, the DC cast aren't willing to kill let alone struggle to beat the likes of scorpian. Anyway the likes of Vega, Juri, Bison and Akuma will be more then happy in getting involved in a killing tourament. Though the ideas of fatalties on characters like Ryu is perhaps something Capcom won't take a liking to. Also some of the MK fighting set is based on motion technology, I don't think Street Fighter is on that extent so it would be difficult to merge. However the latest MK game did sell twice as many as street fighter IV (I believe) and as long as there is a keen audiance it does seem only a matter of time before some sort of crossover will occur. Only its taking a lot longer then many expected.

I look forward to seeing Tekken X Street fighter (the one useing tekken 6 engine) but I can't see that being considered for release till late 2013.
DudeGuyMan
Jedi Knight

Post by DudeGuyMan »

Drooling Iguana wrote:
Because, realistically, if the World Warriors found out that they were about to fight someone who's previous matches typically ended with them ripping their opponent's head out of their bodies with the spine still attached their reaction would be to shit their pants and run away.

I played Tatsunoko VS Capcom and Ryu teamed up with Roll from Mega Man to beat up a 40 foot tall robot that looked like a sequined refrigerator.