EVE Online: Crucible released

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Temjin
Jedi Council Member

EVE Online: Crucible released

Post by Temjin »

(Othewise known as 'EVE Online: Please stop yelling at us. We're very, very sorry")

So EVE Online Crucible has been released. After the giant clusterfuck called Incarna, what with it's focus on a feature that was all of 20% done, in-game shirts that cost more than an acttual shirt, and the hilarious PR screwups, CCP has decided to focus this expansion on what the players have been asking for.

Feature Page

Highlights:

New tech 1 BC's. These actually follow the traditional form of a BC, with a weak tank but the ability to carry battleship size guns. The ship models used for these are actually from the Design a starship contest that happened last year. No, Fuzzy Modem's ship didn't make it.

Destroyers fixed. Rate of fire penalty removed. Reduced signature radius.

Hybrids buffed. Kind of.

Supercaps Nerfed. Supercarriers can no longer carry drones smaller than fighters. No more Logoffski's. Once you engage a supercap in combat, it stays until the end of combat even if the pilot logs. So Supercaps should actually start to die.

Time Dilation

Any my personal favourite, the ship spinner counter. This is hilarious, since when they released Incarna, they took away the hanger view entirely. If you didn't want the station enviroment, you were just shown a closed door. Afterwards, there was a huge outcry from the players to bring "ship spinning" back. Now it is, and it even has a counter now! I can't tell if this is an apology, or a really subtle middle finger to the fans.

And a bunch of other stuff. I might even start playing it again.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Rahvin
Jedi Knight

Re: EVE Online: Crucible released

Post by Rahvin »

The new BCs actually tempt me to reactivate. I always did love my Hurricane.
"You were doing OK until you started to think."
-ICANT, creationist from evcforum.net