SKYRIM: Let's kill some Dragons!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Re: SKYRIM: Let's kill some Dragons!

Post by Chardok »

I have it on good authority that Los has been playing SKRIM - and this amuses me.

I do not know why.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Drooling Iguana wrote:A preview of some Skyrim enhancements that Bethesda's been experimenting with and that may be part of a future patch or DLC package:

This video has caused an absolute shitstorm among people who care. Largely because it includes old saws that ES fans bitch about (Where are the goddamn spears? Why can't I swing my sword on a horse?) and new ones (Skyrim is supposed to have werebears! Bummer we can't ride a dragon.).

If this actually *was* done in a week, the good news is that modders will probably be able to replicate some or all of it soon enough. I expect we'll see a goodly portion of it, anyway. Skyrim is still a very young game; look how long Beth milked Oblivion.
Truth fears no trial.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Alduin is defeated. Underwhelming (read: completely useless and providing no closure or sense of accomplishment) ending is underwhelming. I am done, thanks.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

For all its flaws, Oblivion at least had the forces of hell burnifying towns and shit to drive home that they were a threat and to put the player on the clock. The dragons were just so...unthreatening. Oh no, a dragon has appeared, whatever shall w--ARROWWWZZ! and it might kill an outdoor shopkeeper.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

White Haven wrote:For all its flaws, Oblivion at least had the forces of hell burnifying towns and shit to drive home that they were a threat and to put the player on the clock. The dragons were just so...unthreatening. Oh no, a dragon has appeared, whatever shall w--ARROWWWZZ! and it might kill an outdoor shopkeeper.
That's why i love the dragon-summoning shout: If you use it on a properly large gathering of enemies (such as when you attack the forts during the civil war storyline), it just shows hot utterly devastating dragons actually can be.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

You actually have a desire to play beyond completing the main quest?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Chardok wrote:You actually have a desire to play beyond completing the main quest?
I didn't even do the main quest until I did everything else. And even after finishing that disappointment I'm still playing.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Skyrim is quite a conundrum. It's so intoxicating and fun to play, but I can't think of a game I have played recently that has more bugs or just plain stupid shit about it. There are at least a dozen quests that I simply can't complete because the game bugged out in one way or another (Pantea's Fucking Flute can kiss my ass). The dungeon design gets repetitive, too, there isn't a lot of variety. And why are all the unique weapons that you get from completing quests so shitty? Virtually none of the items you get from the daedra quests or from the Jarls are worth a damn, I am still using just some random axe I picked up from a draugr, and it's better than anything I have been officially awarded. Also, for the love of GOD, why were they so stupid as to divide the Thieves' Guild into multiple chambers separated by loading screens? Each room is fairly small, and looks identical to the other ... if fucking Blackreach doesn't require multiple loading screens to walk around in the Thieves' Guild sure as hell shouldn't.

But it's still so much fun!
Pendleton
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendleton »

Chardok wrote:Sounds like you just had your Skyrim moment.
Mine was watching my girlfriend wander along a pier, find a cabbage, exclaim "Precariously balanced cabbage" then kick it off into the water to go plop.

Brilliant game.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Cool story, bro?

There's a mod out now that gives you an Elven-armored sabre cat mount, and it's hilariously buggy. If you stop and it lays down and falls asleep, you're not going anywhere until it gets up, and if you go into water your character starts doing the swimming animation. Then, when you get back on land, you walk/run/sprint in place hovering above the saddle. :lol:
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

http://youtu.be/mgPienNLSyk

Skyrim single by Lindsey Stirling, it's insanely good.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

I apologise for the thread resurrection, but as it was only the 2nd page....

The new DLC expansion, Dawnguard has been announced with a trailer - further details to appear at E3

EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Meanwhile, if you want to play an open-world RPG that's about killing dragons and other big monsters and is actually good, Dragon's Dogma has been out for over a week. :D
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Looks like they've incorporated a lot from that game jam video. Like the dragon lord and mounted combat.

EDIT
That should be vampire lord
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Still no polearms for me. :(
Best care anywhere.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You're sad about a lack of a different texture on your feather duster? Surely you're better off starting with 'wow the combat sucks'. :)
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

I can't wait to see how the Crossbows basically aren't different at all from the regular bows.

Why can't I have Mount and Blade style combat in games that actually have good graphics and a lot of content? It took until now for Bethesda to even grasp that people can swing swords on horseback.
Best care anywhere.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Because obviously nobody really cares about the combat. They just want to wander around and be powerful.

Other people wonder why Dragons Dogma isn't harder, because no challenge = boring.