Let's play: SCRAMming up!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

doom3607
Jedi Knight

Re: Let's play: SCRAMming up!

Post by doom3607 »

That's why I'm also going to bend the metal. I just heat the metal, then push it sealed. It's not as good as new, but probably better than vodka and feces.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Spoiler
See why I was beating him?

This is a stupid idea, and anyone who knows what you're doing should try to stop you. These planes are complicated, they are not objects which should be patched up using the techniques and knowledge of amateur sheet-metal workers. You cannot "just improvise" a proper repair when your improvisation might make further repairs far more difficult and expensive. Moreover, you should not do this when you are literally surrounded by other crew members who have a vested interest in your not wrecking the plane, without, and this is important, consulting the other people around you.
MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICST attempts to RESTRAIN CULTIST. MILDLY.

Come to think of it, BOTH MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICST and CULTIST are still ZIP-TIED by SYERGEY IOSEFOVITCH. CULTIST should be PRETTY WELL RESTRAINED, already.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

ENJOY the BEAUTIFUL WARM SUNNY FEBRUARY DAY. "It is almost zero! Is like summer!"

CASUALLY ASK to see the PRICE SHEET that is in RUSSIAN. POINT OUT that we are looking for a PERMANENT BASE of OPERATIONS and that these PRICES are not entirely CONDUCIVE to LONG-TERM OPERATIONS, in which CASE we would be FORCED to TAKE our MONEY ELSEWHERE. DANGLE CARROT with only the VAGUEST HINT of STICK.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

Continues preparation of both spells, then, and prepares a modest cutting spell while he's at it. Spoiler
I could be lying about using it to fix the plane. There's alwys the 'more sinister pruposes' angle. Maybe I want to ignite the physicist and use his glasses/watch/whatever metal he has to clamp down on him with hot metal. I don't, but I might have wanted to. I have a better plan, though, which shall be revealed if and when the spells are ready. :twisted:
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

IVAN PYOTREVICH Says: Uh, we will send you the bill in two to four working days! In the meantime, who will use the VIP package? It is per person, you know. We need to make ID card, da?
INTERJECT "There is no VIP package. There is the VIP hangar, which we'll buy for a week. Week being seven days, yes? Our crew will rest in the hangar's rest area, that according to your paper you supply with a VIP hangar.
We would also like the AK, some cleaning supplies for our janitor and a doctor."

Overhears talk of INSANE CULTIST talking about repairs with SOME INVISIBLE ENTITY. EXCUSE MYSELF for a moment.

Go up to INSANE CULTIST and GRAB his FACE in a VERY UNCOMFORTABLE and SLIGHTLY PAINFUL manner.

"Listen here, you mad stowaway! You're not touching the Ravenstar unless you would like something sharp and spiky pushed so far up your ass that it's coming out of mouth! Got that? The poor thing has suffered enough abuse!"
Make CULTIST repeat my words while I PINCH HIS CHEEKS IN AN UNCOMFORTABLE MANNER.

Go to COMBAT JANITOR.
"Ok Turdy, I'm going to ask you a question: are you willing to do your job? Because if you do, I'm going to let you free to clean up the Ravenstar from all the piss and vomit that is, at the very least, due to a large part from you. I want the thing the thing so clean that you could genuinely do surgery in it and smelling pleasantly of lilacs. Or any flower really, as long as it is pleasant. This includes washing the seats too from all the grime. I'm sure that one of these gentlemen will give you all the cleaning supplies needed. You don't have to do it all in one go, you can join us for dinner and all, but we need the beauty clean by the time our clients arrive. If you're done, I'll give you our pre-pay that I plan to giving everyone once we get our hands on the deposit from our clients. Okay?"

Free now-Mildly DERANGED PHYSICIST and GROUP HIM UP with REPAIR GUY, so they can TEAM UP to FIX THE RAVENSTAR.

ASK DERANGED HISTORIAN what we should do with him. He's still essentially a stowaway. Offer to UNTIE HIM if he BEHAVES and HELPS. We can FIGURE SOMETHING OUT during DINNER.

INSPECT SHEP and PHANT.

ASK IVAN PYOTREVICH to get someone to help me bring these to our VIP resting area, if that is necessary. I would like the doctor to come to the that area to inspect us and these men.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

COMBAT JANITOR SAYS

"OKAYS"
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

DERANGED HISTORIAN says some UNINTELLIGIBLE WORDS.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Allow COMBAT JANITOR FREE. Give COMRADELY reassurance and SMILE. Avoid touching hands.

Ignore HISTORIAN.

PROCEED handling SHEP and PHANT so they get MEDICAL TREATMENT. Which I PLAN TO GET TOO.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

HISTORIAN decides to say, "I'll try to help, if I can stay sane for a moment."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

YOU can HELP by BEING my MOP

BEGINS WORK by CLEANING UP the INTERIOR of the SPACE PLANE

STORE ALL THE POO and DISGUSTING BODILY FLUIDS in a ZIPLOCK BAG for FUTURE USE

CACKLES
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

"Uhhh, I need a better job."
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

APPROVE OF GOOD WORK ETHIC AND INGENUITY.
Credo!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

REPAIR GUY waits for the HANGAR to actually be bought or rented, then goes to it to DO REPAIRS. REPAIR GUY also asks MILDLY DERANGED SCIENTIST to come along, as he is the best expert we have.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

SUAVE PLAYBOY will take advantage of HOTEL SERVICES included in VIP PACKAGE to freshen BUEATY and HIMSELF up. SUAVE PLAYBOY Will then attempt to use CHARM to invite himself to PARTIES and make CONNECTIONS. TROPICAL BEAUTY will be along as ARMCANDY and PROTECTION.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

REPAIR GUY asks SUAVE PLAYBOY if he can GAMBLE up some money for us.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

ASSIST ZIXINUS in HAULING SHEPP/PHANT to HANGER REST AREA. GET MEDICAL CHECK.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST will OBEY THE MUSTACHE and HELP WITH REPAIRS.

First off, PHYSICIST would like to LOOK AT HOLE, preferably with MAGNIFYING GLASS. Starts wondering about PERMANENT PATCH; getting REPLACEMENT PARTS for HEAT SHIELD seems UNLIKELY.

Hopes HEAT SHIELD is not UNIMODULAR THINGAMABOB which would be RUINED by ONE FLAW ANYWHERE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

REPAIR GUY will work on repairing and replacing HYDRAULICS first, since he knows the jury-rigging won't last.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

REPAIR GUY asks SCIENTIST if he WANTS any HELP.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

For now, SCIENTIST is merely GATHERING INFORMATION and THINKING. Might be best if HE helped REPAIR GUY instead.

SCIENTIST notes that SOONER OR LATER we are probably going to need to ORDER PARTS from SOMEWHERE. This could be a PROBLEM...
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

REPAIR GUY counters that if we ever establish a permanent hangar or base, we could build a machine shop to make replacement parts.

"If not, well, who built this thing in the first place? We can always try and acquire stuff from their warehouses." REPAIR GUY says with a mischievous grin.

REPAIR GUY then directs SCIENTIST on how to be most useful for REPAIRS.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

February 23rd 2025
Sunday

ROUND 4

Okhotsk International Airport
Russia

You are now: ZIXINUS, ETERNAL FREEDOM, PHANT, REPAIR GUY, LARGE WOUNDED DOG, COMBAT JANITOR, SMARMY AMERICAN SAILOR, TROPICAL BEAUTY, IVAN IVANOV, QUIET HISTORIAN, MAD SCIENTIST, CHEEKY BETTY, RI'ANN SHAPP and UNEXPECTED PASSENGER.

You are at an AIRPORT. The AIRPORT is RUN DOWN and in DISREPAIR. The AIRPORT is VERY RUSSIAN. It is MORNING. Is is RATHER COLD. It is EVIDENT by LOOKING at TROPICAL BEAUTY and her THIN TOP. You begin to SHIVER UNCONTROLLABLY.

Except for IVAN IVANOV who UNZIPS his FLIGHT SUIT.

IVAN IVANOV: Is nearly zero! Is like summer!

Your UNEXPECTED PASSENGER begins to MUMBLE something about FIXING the SPACEPLANE with WELDING SPELLS. He is IGNORED for the MOMENT. Except for MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST, who begins to SHAKE with RAGE once MORE.

IVAN IVANOV ASKS for the PRICE SHEET in RUSSIAN and is PROVIDED one.

IVAN IVANOV SAYS something LONG and COMPLICATED in RUSSIAN. IVAN PYOTREVICH nods quite VIGOROUSLY.

IVAN PYOTREVICH Says: Da! For return customer, offer discount! Ten percent, da? Is large discount! On the hangar and VIP package!

ZIXINUS INTERJECTS

ZIXINUS Says: There is no VIP package. There is the VIP hangar, which we'll buy for a week. Week being seven days, yes? Our crew will rest in the hangar's rest area, that according to your paper you supply with a VIP hangar. We would also like the AK, some cleaning supplies for our janitor and a doctor.

IVAN PYOTREVICH is DISMAYED.

IVAN PYOTREVICH Says: But your friend say...

IVAN PYOTREVICH GLANCES at IVAN IVANOV.

IVAN PYOTREVICH Says: Da, VIP hangar only! Anything for customer! Just sign paper and you get freebies! Many freebies, da?

IVAN PYOTREVICH PRODUCES an AGREEMENT for your LEASE.

There is a TREMENDOUS EXPLOSION quite NEARBY. You SEE the HUGE pillar of FIRE rise into the AIR from a FACILITY not FAR from the AIRPORT.

SYERGYEY IOSEFOVICH GRUNTS

IVAN PYOTREVICH Says: Ah, da. That was SovTrans headquarters, should be much quieter now. Can enjoy warm day without risk of getting killed, da?

In the MEANTIME, COMBAT JANITOR has BEGAN some PRELIMINARY PREPARATIONS for MAJOR CLEANING inside the SPACEPLANE. REPAIR GUY and MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST begin to ASCERTAIN the DAMAGE. It is FUCKING EXTENSIVE.

The UNEXPECTED PASSENGER has STARTED to CHANT OMINOUSLY despite ZIXINUS' prior WARNING.

What do you do?_
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

READ the PAPER CAREFULLY.

STAND BY to GIVE IVAN PYOTREVICH and SYERGYEY IOSEFEVICH a BALEFUL GLARE if NECESSARY.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

If FILTHY STOWAWAY CULTIST is chanting in MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST'S PRESENCE, then PHYSICIST takes break from ASCERTAINING DAMAGE to apply some DAMAGE to CULTIST. Preferably using HIGH VOLTAGE LOGIC PROBE.

If not, then MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST will continue to ASCERTAIN the FUCKING EXTENSIVE DAMAGE, and begin making PARTS LIST to the best of his ABILITY.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST is aware of two MAJOR DAMAGE SOURCES: on the HEAT SHIELD where the HOLE is, and the massive HYDRAULICS DAMAGE. Is there anything else?
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Much WIRING, most of the AIR PURIFIERS and the GYROCOMPASS GYROSCOPIC DIRECTION INDICATOR were DESTROYED as well. Some CHAIRS might need REPLACING, too.

You DETERMINE the FIRE started due to a SHORT in the VENTILLATION SYSTEM caused by EXTENSIVE BODILY FLUIDS getting into SENSITIVE ELECTRONICS on your LAST FLIGHT.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.