Conversations from the gaming frontlines.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Re: Conversations from the gaming frontlines.

Post by InsaneTD » 2018-01-21 03:56am

Players be cray cray?

Zaune
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zaune » 2018-01-21 04:46am

Moderately, yes. Particularly the guy playing the paladin, who apparently wanted to play a barbarian but the DM persuaded him not to (I'm not sure why) so is now playing what I call a "barbaladin": A paladin who acts like a stereotypical barbarian... one who used WIS as his dump stat, as well. Fortunately for all of us, his player roleplays this well enough that the trouble he inevitably ends up causing as a result is funny rather than annoying.

Besides, who am I to judge? My character is a Neutral Good dwarven rogue with a drink problem -which I have been known to roleplay by knocking back a couple of stiff ones OOC as well- and a detailed backstory that involves growing up in Boatmurdered.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog

InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD » 2018-01-21 07:07pm

You don't do tragic back stories by half do you? :P

Zaune
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zaune » 2018-01-23 03:49pm

I guess not. Oh, and I got the DM to actually read Boatmurdered, guaranteeing maximum Fun because we're doing Curse of Strahd.

Speaking of which...

The DM (IC as a Vistani fortune teller): "Your enemy is a creature of darkness, whose powers are beyond mortality. This card will lead you to him!" OOC: "Card was the raven and means: Look to the mother’s tomb."

My character: "Does this mean we can defeat Strahd by... threatening to tell his mum?"
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

I Have A Blog

Zaune
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zaune » 2018-01-25 07:04pm

Ghetto Edit: Armok help me, the DM wants to do a dungeon crawl of Boatmurdered itself next!

-- fgalkin

I Have A Blog

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX » 2018-02-02 12:49pm

Me: "Oh God, I'm that guy."
Kyle: "What guy?"
Me: "Remember 'that guy' in an MMO who had something like Corrupted Asbringer, or some mount no one can get anymore? His symbol that you are trash, and he's old school?"
Kyle: "Oh yea, THAT guy."
Me: "Turns out all my Rakata gear and my Lightsabers from NM mode? They no longer drop in the game. I linked The Indomitable in chat when they were talking about old school raiding."
Me: "And some guy said '^ he's legit.' and I died a little inside."
Kyle: "You're like the worst kind of gamer. I'll bet your were actually super-pleased with yourself."
Me: "...... maybe a little. You still got your gear, right?"
Kyle: "Of course!"
Me: "HA! You're THAT GUY TOO!"
Kyle "Fuck."
Me: "AND SO WAS ROB! We should totally log him in and just have him stand around fleet."
Kyle: "I miss Rob."
Me: Fuck... me too. God damn we carried his ass hard didn't we?"
Kyle: "Not as much as your gimped as Guardian."
Me: "oh har fucking har Mr. Want to buy heals.... fucking Vanguard tank EZMODE bullshit."
Kyle: Let it go man."
Me: "YOU LET IT GO!"

Edit: Kyle was one of our heals and I was MT. We pugged a worse-geared Vanguard OT one night and Kyle kept telling me in our private TS3 server how easy he was to heal and that I should just sit back and stretch. The Vanguard was spamming 3 buttons, maybe a CD on big add pulls, and that was it. 4 fucking hours of Kyle just giving me shit about it. I am still biding my time for bloody retribution. The Vanguard also generated metric shittos more threat than I did.

No, I actually didn't suck, this was a huge complaint for Guardians at launch. Shadows had better damage and threat, but also wilted quickly once their CDs ran out. Guardians were a bit tougher here.

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2018-02-02 01:32pm

lol, I actually still have an item like that- a Mk X mission reward in STO, back when XII was the highest available. Since it was expanded to XIV a few years back, lowest you can get it is XII :mrgreen:
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX » 2018-02-02 02:01pm

I don't even recall what drops/dropped out of the first two Borg "raids" or operations, whatever they were called. This would have been before F2P and even before the Galaxy X hit the game. I DO remember that Rob was so unbelievably bad at jumping puzzles (no matter the game, while good at Mario type games, he couldn't handle 3D platformers.), he'd fall into the lower part of the room during the Borg Queen fight constantly and I'd have to spam heals on him so he didn't die from the fire. All while ruthlessly mocking him in Teamspeak with shit like "Cmon man, you can make it. Hop, HOP FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIFE!" "NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!" Man those jumping animations were hilarious.

If (really, when) he did it again, I'd hit the play button on my TS Music bot and play:

But I'd always have it pre-set to the YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND!

Motherfucker, I REALLY miss gaming with Rob.

I also remember Kyle as Tactical forgoing any defensive to focus on DPS and ripping aggro on the Billy Badass Borg Drone fight and getting WTFPWNED at least once per run. Sometimes I just wouldn't heal him and say "If I heal you, you won't learn nothin'."

I know I got the best healing kit in the game from those raids. But healing in that game was bullshit easy mode either way.

Korto
Jedi Master

Post by Korto » 2018-03-29 11:51am

I was playing some minecraft (on my boy's account. Well, he's not using it), and was showing my daughter what I had--a paddock full of sheep, another paddock of cattle, there were wheat crops growing, a big stand of sugar cane, and a whole bunch of clucking chickens in a pen.

Her: So what's that over there? (Indicating something off on the horizon).
Me: Oh, there's a peasant village over there. Haven't worried about it.
Her: You should go there and steal their food!
Me: :wtf: Why?
“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”
Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar » 2018-03-29 01:40pm

TheFeniX wrote:
2018-02-02 12:49pm
Me: "Oh God, I'm that guy."
Me and my brother were playing STWOR the other day, creating new Jedi to have fun with. I've downgraded to FTP, can't afford it anymore, but he's still Subscribed and has all his old toys available. So, he's running around Tython with (CharName) FOUNDER over his head.

Yeah.. he's that guy (says the woman running around in Nico's longcoat and steering a ATST mount)
Librium Arcana, Where Gamers Play!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX » 2018-06-21 03:32pm

K is trying to tank. I'm DPSing and being awesome.
Me: "You have Doom, run to the pad."
"You're losing aggro."
"You turned the boss into the raid and killed a healer."
"You need to pop a CD here."
"Adds are up, eating the healer."

K: "Just SHUT UP."
:K gets doom again, I say nothing. K dies:
"You died."
:K gets ressed. Gets Doom again. K dies:
:I run over to his corpse and bounce up and down while doing my Bard pew pews:
"You died again. Enjoy the view."
K: "I fucking hate you... so.. damn.. much."