World of Tanks

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Re: World of Tanks

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I picked up my KV-13. Hee hee hee, I like, can't wait till I get the big gun. Its sorta like an IS. An IS that'll do 60 kph.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

7.2 tomorrow. Very in depth patch notes on the economy changes on their site.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Finally!

I'm finally gonna get to drive around the Premium T34. :D
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Lowes and KV-5s everywhere just whimpered audibly.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Too bad the Premium T34 got nerfed into the ground hard.

It's got TD levels of turret rotation, and horrific aimspeed. Like, one of the worst tanks in the whole game. Approaching SPG aimspeed. Bad viewrange too.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

Got two top gun victories in a row in my T1 yesterday. Which is pretty good since it is one of my lower kill per game tanks.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The new US TD line is goddamn hilarious up through the Hellcat. Been having a great time with the M8 and I remember how awesome the T49 was from the test.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Nephtys wrote:Too bad the Premium T34 got nerfed into the ground hard.

It's got TD levels of turret rotation, and horrific aimspeed. Like, one of the worst tanks in the whole game. Approaching SPG aimspeed. Bad viewrange too.
So, what did they change exactly, again?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

and it's massive turret is still faster than the hellcats.

I've been a bit miffed about the hellcat since the first test, but i would gladly trade the 90mm for better acceleration, and historical hull and turret traverse.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I think you may have just described a Chaffee with more top speed and less acceleration.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Both the world of tanks site and the world of warplanes are worth checking out, lots of new announcements. Some interesting stuff on the eu site as well.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I can imagine no better announcements to make on this day.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

I am loving the premium T34. Feel the might of the Baneblade!

M103 seems to be badly received though. Players I trust claim that at best it's a Tier 8.75, especially compared to the IS-4 and E-75. Armor is too weak albeit (from my try outs) it handles shockingly well for a heavy.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

I think they might have tweaked the stats for the B1 Heavy as an April fools prank. Killed 5, mauled 3 more, spotted another 3, was going shot for shot with multiple T40's at the same time and only lost about 10% of my HP for the entire battle and scored a Mastery 1st Class. I'm going to be sad to trade up to the BDR I think, despite its tiny little gun its a fun tank once you get a decent engine, and when they get the hull gun working it will be the best teir IV in the game by a mile.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

T49. Oh god yes. That thing is amazing. Especially with the 76mm it kills everything. In one tier V match, I went 9 kills and was hunting down an M3 stuart for my tenth when my team capped out (grrrr. probably annoyed I took all the enemies off the battlefield.) Got the Ace Tanker for the match, so it's all good. Fast as hell, small, pretty punchy gun, and with the turret and pivot rate to brawl like a champ. Gun depression isn't bad and the rate of fire is implausible at best. I doubt the 83% win rate will last though.

Also got an Ace Tanker in my Tetrarch when I bagged 8, but that hardly seemed sporting. Those medals are really weirdly handled and seem to be based entirely on maximum xp or something. Wish it was just for the average xp without premium factored in. That'd be nice to have.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

You get Ace if you beat the average XP earned in a match by 99% of players in that tank over the last seven days, so if you get the x2 XP for first win of the day and have a pretty good match you have a decent shot of getting it.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

The M18 seems to be a glass cannon, but I had an organized platoon of 3 of them on my team once, with two other pubbie M18s following them. Sweet jesus, they just tore everything in their way to shreds.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Alkaloid wrote:You get Ace if you beat the average XP earned in a match by 99% of players in that tank over the last seven days, so if you get the x2 XP for first win of the day and have a pretty good match you have a decent shot of getting it.
That explanation would make considerably more sense were that not my approximately fifteenth round in the T49 and eighth after the patch in the Tetrarch. I'm not even sure I had first in them before that round. Really, I'm mostly miffed I don't get to see just how good my record in the 4502 twins really was.

I'm still mainly in a holding pattern for WoWP to hit beta so I can do funny things to pubs. What I really want is clan wars in that. Until then it's a matter of playing tanks I'm grinding which is pretty much the E-75 and AMX 50 120 and occasional play in fun tanks. It's a shame that there's a sizeable contingent of non Maus maps. That's a fun tank when it goes decently.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Apologies for my clan mate's unfortunate choices in video editing, but a time this good simply must be shared. :mrgreen:

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Anniversary stuff is on, lots of deals, 5x xp first battles, and a code for a day of free premium.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I just got a T-34 with the 57mm and am having a blast, but I'm having a weird idea.

Part of me wants to stick with the stock turret for the lower target profile. I'd be accepting lower turret traverse, which is is slower but not horribly slow (40°/sec isn't that bad). Losing the increased turret front thickness isn't giving up that much in exchange for the smaller target. But what really bothers me is the view range. The stock turret in the T-34 has a really bad viewing range.

Am I out of my mind?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The view range absolutely breaks the tank until you can replace the turret. It's a huge deal. Having better view range than the tier ones is kind of a big deal, and the T-34's turret is a tiny target compared to its chassis, which is the main thing getting shot most of the time.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Yeah. I think ultimately my brain had come down on the side of the upgrade turret, but it was at least tempting because I do spend a fair amount of time in that tank peeking at things from hull-down so far. With the 57mm it's a fairly effective tactic, and I can drive the T-34 much the way I'm accustomed to driving my T20 medium with some success.

If the view range issue weren't so lopsided, I'd go for it- it wouldn't be the first time, I never did take the turret upgrade for my Sherman Jumbo because it replaces a turret with 6" all-around armor protection for one that has 6" front and very permeable sides. Since I'm firing the 105mm either way, it doesn't seem that useful to me.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

If the T-34 had more gun depression I'd think the first turret was really worthwhile, but I think there are more situations where you're totally screwed by lack of sight range than where you can really say the smaller turret helped you.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

well the 5x weekend was helpful, i got the second engine for both the T29 and the VK3001P. now both just have their next tank to research and they'll be elite. got the 107mm for the SU-85 and i think i'll sit on it instead of moving to the SU-100. I've got the hellcat researched and nearly the M36, once a elite the M10 i'll sell it for one of them.

also bit the bullet and sold the tetrarch, made the decision for much the same reason as when selling the T-127, it's a fun tank but isn't helping me get anywhere and doesn't make the exp or creds to justify it's slot. I am now using it's slot to go down the RU med tree which i had fun with on the 7.2 test server. still haven't bought back the M4. the economy change in 7.2 doubled it's price tag, and the KV's lead in battles played just keeps getting bigger.

however with 7.3 coming 'soon' and with the KV and KV-3 sitting in my garage i'll have a pair of free slots (and tanks) coming to me. 10 slots isn't bad for never spending a single dollar on this game :)

i'll find something to fill those slots (something always does) I may keep both the split tanks around until i elite them to have both the trees open to me.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?