World of Tanks

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vejut
Padawan Learner

Re: World of Tanks

Post by Vejut »

Actually, that was something I was wondering--the KV is getting split to KV-1 and KV-2, and the KV-2 is the tank taking the place of KV-3 at tier 6, if I'm remembering right and not misinformed. What are they planning to do if you've got both the KV with the KV-2 turret and the KV-3? Give you two KV-2s?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

They're splitting the KV-3 as well, into two entirely different tanks. So if you have a KV w/ fridge turret and a KV-3, you get a KV, a (Tier 6) KV-2, a (Tier 7) KV-3, and a (Tier 6) T-150.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The KV-3 is going to tier 7 and being replaced by the T-150 in the tier six slot, so you'll get that if you have the KV-3.

The KV is splitting into the KV-1 and KV-2, both at tier V, if you have the KV and the KV-2 turret researched and mounted, or the tank elite, you'll get the KV-1 and the KV-2.

The IS-4 is going to tier ten on its own line (T-150, KV-3, KV-4, ST-1, IS-4) and being replaced by the IS-8, which you'll get if you have the IS-4. Your IS-8 will be in an equivalent state of module unlocks.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php ... ion-of-73/ has a lot more info.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hmm.

If you already have the IS researched through the KV-3, but do not yet own it, do you still have the IS researched after 7.3? I would think so. Just like when you research a gun or radio on one tank; it becomes available on all the other tanks' module trees, and you don't have to reinvent the gun for each tank it runs on.

If having the IS already researched now doesn't translate into having it researched after the patch, I for one will be disappointed.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I'm almost certain that tanks you have researched stay researched, no matter what. I remember people unlocking the 4502 B from the King Tiger in preparation for the E series patch, and then storing up xp to get the E-75 quickly as well.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

I love the T34, but the M103 seems to hate me even though I do "average" on it stat-wise (except W/L). It's really weird - feels a bit like a slightly sluggish medium with an oversized gun.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

that doesn't say whether or not you'll have the KV-4 unlocked if you have the IS unlocked or if the xp cost of the S-51 will be lower from the tier 6 KV-2 then it is from the tier 5 KV. nobody seems to know.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Really really really doubt that the KV-4'll be unlocked automatically. Time to start saving up ~100k XP on the KV-3... (not me, though, I still have to get the IS-4.)
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

That says everything you'll get. If it doesn't say it you don't get it.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

guess i'll see for myself in a bit, 7.3 test server 15min left
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Ok, here's a question. I have vents, a gun rammer, and a gun laying drive on my KV, what happens to this equipment when the KV is split into two tanks?
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

It's all demounted free of charge and put into your depot.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Cool. I was hoping it would be duplicated onto both tanks, but that works too.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

God damn is the IS-3 good. This thing just rolls around and blasts everyone. Low, fast, tough, hard-hitting; it's the perfect tank for aggressive ol' me. The Russians may have called it the Pike, but someone else described it as a rattlesnake, and that's what it feels just like.

PS - this thing gets me the most Sniper awards in the world. My 122mm fire discipline has carried over from the KV-3 (87% hits and a 68 Sharpshooter combo) and the IS (88%) but the IS-3 stays in the fight long enough to hammer out those 10+ hits over and over again. (That and the better accuracy of the BL-9 too, but 86% hits is lower than the other two. Of course, one match of a lot of missed shots did a lot to bring that down a point or two.)
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Woo! Got my Pershing!
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Simon_Jester wrote:Woo! Got my Pershing!
Enjoy! I did quite like my stock (aka "historical") Pershing. And then it got better.

Just, sometimes, you will be penetrated in the front and killed by a Panzer III/IV.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Just got the KV-3. Still stock, but it is such a relief to be able to point my gun at someone without exposing the biggest weak point on my entire tank. Also, is it just me or is earning XP massively weighted to favour the russian tanks? I'm earning more for a loss in it than I sometimes get for victories in my other nationalities.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Got the E-75 and IS-3 researched, but getting enough cash for them both won't be fun. But damn you Wargaming, I will not give in! No way I'm giving them a dime for gold.
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

so out of curiosity, is this game still F2p? and do you need to download a ton of bloatware or weird programs?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Yes, no, and no. Free to play, pay to get cool stuff and to play the game in the much easier "premium" mode.
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Sounds like a fun game, I love WWII stuff, and the tank battles in Red Orchestra were fun.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Generally going above Tier 6 means you should probably pay some money, the best investment being to buy a Premium Tier 8.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Yeah, but you have to lay down what, 25, 50 dollars for one?

Get the feel of the game up to Tier 5-6, then think it over. It's actually deliberately easy to play for free at the lower tiers- it becomes a bit less rewarding at higher.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Around $25 for a T34 I think, but unlike other forms of spending cash this one is permanent.