World of Tanks

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Re: World of Tanks

Post by Scottish Ninja »

That's the NA servers so you may not be able to log in with an EU account. Try this one instead for EU.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Yeah, whoops. Too much exuberance at getting more targets to shoot at. Was getting awfully lonely in there.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Its interesting they are leading with the US and Germany, I would have gone Britain and Germany myself, but oh well.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Congrats on getting into WoWP alpha, BakerEasy!

Hope you like it as much as I have. It's actually gotten to be a seriously good game from what I can tell.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Yeah, still trying to get a handle on everything that's going on. But my performance is improving quickly (I think).

... how much are we allowed to talk about it here? I need another copy of the NDA...
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

We aren't allowed to talk much about it here, I'll PM you my clan's TS info and we have a locked channel for testers.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

nice my email arrived after about 5 days, installing now

are there any close sections of the WoWP forums for discussion?
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Yes there are, that's where the alpha testers talk about stuff. Also, don't upload pictures to things that aren't that section of the forums.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

Picked up the Tiger 2, great tank. Even when I am the bottom of the team I don't feel useless. Even the operating costs are decent. Using the second best gun my loss/gain credit ratio seem better than my Tiger.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

spaceviking wrote:Picked up the Tiger 2, great tank. Even when I am the bottom of the team I don't feel useless. Even the operating costs are decent. Using the second best gun my loss/gain credit ratio seem better than my Tiger.
The Tiger II is fantastic, but I'd stick with the long 88 over the first 105mm. It's got better penetration and better accuracy, plus the damage per minute is barely impacted, only 30 less.

And if you don't have the second turret yet, get it. The first one is very squishy.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

WoWP Alpha is interesting. As simmy as I'd hoped. Now I want to try and see how it'd work, since it's pretty darn alpha.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

i'm having a hard time of it, getting about 8-15 fps. makes it hard to shoot in the split second your guns are on somebody, hopefully the optimization will get better as the builds progress. the throttle controls for joystick are kinda clunky, i'm having to use both my throttles independently.

groundside, i just got the 105 for the T29 and am doing well enough with it to keep it in the green. my M10 is still slowly gathering xp for the tree jump in 7.2. my jumbo hasn't been receiving much love recently. it's one of my favorite tanks to play, but with everything unlocked but the T20 it's a low priority compared to tanks that are still progressing to how i want them.

same goes for the KV, it's an awesome tank, but i only bring it out for daily doubles or when i need credits after a purchase cleans me out. my progress up the soviet TD line is still hanging on the SU-85b, just the SU-85 itself to unlock at 9k xp. after i get the SU-85 unlocked i might sell the 85b and grind up the soviet mediums for the T-34.

I've only got a single slot devoted to ze Germans, and it's been filled with the PZ4 forever. until recently that is, where i finally unlocked the VK3001p. i had favorable experiences with this tank in the test servers, but as of now it's suffering from stock-tank-itis. as you need to grind out both the tracks (4.5k xp) and the turret (9k xp) to mount the 75mm L70 or 105 L28 from the PZ4, until then you are stuck with the 75mm L48 with doesn't cut it at tier 6.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Vejut
Padawan Learner

Post by Vejut »

M10 is the jump off for the new tree? thought it was the T82? I would have been pushing on the T40 a lot harder if I'd known that...
Liking the AMX 12t--failing horribly, but it's an enjoyable kind of failure.

WoWP wise, they ever say (or can you talk about...) why they went with an IIRC ahistorical jet-assist P-51 for the American land based planes, instead of something like a late-model P-47?
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

T82 jumps to the start of the new tree, M10 jumps to the hellcat

full tree pic, too big to post
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
spaceviking wrote:Picked up the Tiger 2, great tank. Even when I am the bottom of the team I don't feel useless. Even the operating costs are decent. Using the second best gun my loss/gain credit ratio seem better than my Tiger.
The Tiger II is fantastic, but I'd stick with the long 88 over the first 105mm. It's got better penetration and better accuracy, plus the damage per minute is barely impacted, only 30 less.

And if you don't have the second turret yet, get it. The first one is very squishy.
Good advice. I tried and I seem to be doing the same, but now I generally make a profit.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Yeah, the ammo being a quarter the price helps with that.
Vejut
Padawan Learner

Post by Vejut »

Marko Dash wrote:T82 jumps to the start of the new tree, M10 jumps to the hellcat

full tree pic, too big to post
Doh! Woulda been grinding the T82 a lot less if I'd known that, the Hellcat's what I'm aiming for anyways...
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I like how of all the places you could have been in the air, intersecting my fuselage with yours seems to have been what fate decided when my mouse died, xthetenth. :P
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

So what do I need to do to get a test invite? Besides apply of course.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

How long does it take for a response to your WoWP application to arrive? I sent one around a week or two ago, IIRC.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Nephtys wrote:I like how of all the places you could have been in the air, intersecting my fuselage with yours seems to have been what fate decided when my mouse died, xthetenth. :P
Yeah, that was funny. What was even better was that you were perfectly in my blind spot so I couldn't react either.

Re: timing of replies, it seems like they're just working through a rather large list. It may take a while.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

My god. I just soloed a Pershing, 1v1 in a close-range dogfight.

...in an Easy 8.

Hit him over 40 times. Some drivers...
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

I was recently top-tier in my M7 Priest on El Halluf. I fired all 40 of my shots and got 5 kills. Damn little bugs flying around... I had been only filling up with 40 shells, but I guess it's time to max out at 69.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Just got an M6 for the hell of it to try out a heavy tree that isn't a lumbering KV, which I only have for a future free garage slot. Got the M6 fully upgraded and it's...passable. I keep getting fed to tier 9 battles though, which makes me just a hair above completely goddamed useless. It's a grim reaper of tier 6/7 mediums though, I've discovered. And gods help any light tank I get a bead on.

I consistently get 2-4 kills a match, or at the very least, manage to scar up a few higher tiered heavies. I basically play the M6 like an oversized medium with delusions of grandeur, and stick to supporting better heavies.

T59's continue to piss me off, but thats just because they're so absurdly common. Facing a group of eight of the tings on one team has happened more than a few times in the past week. I'm also developing a loathing of high tier TD's like the ISU-152, but mainly because I call shenanigans on a multi ton, ten foot tall war machine with a 12ft long cannon barrel sticking out the front of it turning invisible in the middle of an open dirt field twenty meters away.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

I'll take a horde of Type 59s over Bat Chats any day.