Chrome crashed - restoring session?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Chrome crashed - restoring session?

Post by [R_H] »

Due to a crash (either while going into hibernation mode, or coming out of it), Chrome was shutdown. Is there any way to use the Last Session and/or the Last Tabs files (from the AppData folder in C:\Users )to restore the session? I'm using the current version of Chrome under Vista.

Thanks
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Re: Chrome crashed - restoring session?

Post by Zac Naloen »

My version of Chrome automatically restores any sessions if it crashes version 4.1.249.1045
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Zac Naloen wrote:My version of Chrome automatically restores any sessions if it crashes version 4.1.249.1045
Yeah, the startup option. I've only had that enabled after the crash. :x
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

If you lost the pages you were visiting and remember something from them, maybe you can find some in the history log (ctrl+H) ? I know its not exactly what you asked for, but maybe it can help a little?
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

The Infidel wrote:If you lost the pages you were visiting and remember something from them, maybe you can find some in the history log (ctrl+H) ? I know its not exactly what you asked for, but maybe it can help a little?
I did that, and Notepad is able to open the "Last Session" file, although it's really difficult to make heads or tails of the content, but I was able get something out of them. I'm surprised it isn't possible to recover from that session file, like in FF.