The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Re: The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Crusader Kings 2 is free to play this weekend, and is on sale bundled with its entire unholy mountain of DLC for $40USD, which is a steal.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

All the Paradox stuff is 75% off, in fact.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Origin is giving away free copies of Dragon Age: Origins. Plus Bejeweled 3. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Until 10am PDT, PayDay: The Heist is free to download from Steam.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Starting November 2nd, Microsoft is discounting all Xbox One SKUs by 50 bucks - you can also get an additional 100.00 off the console price if you trade in a working PS3 or 360 at Microsoft stores or at http://www.microsoftstore.com . effectively, you could get an xbone for 250.00. (assuming you buy like...the Sunset Overdrive Bundle or other bundle)
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

GOG just started a big sale, plus they're giving away Mount & Blade through Friday.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

Their also giving away Witcher 2 if you visit the site 7 days in a row from today!!!
Get busy living or get busy dying... unless there’s cake.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Well that has me interested. I don't suppose we have to log in or are cookies the way they track?
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

You have to have an account and there is a box to click on the main page... it then gives you the countdown till your next visit counts.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

SimCity 2000 is on the house from Origin. Now they just need to put out a slightly-updated SimCopter that doesn't run at ludicrous speed on anything faster than a Pentium II, so that I may fly through my cities in style.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

I best be logging in to origin then.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Squeenix is dumping more than a few of their published games at low prices on Steam. I went ahead and picked up Tomb Raider. A lot of the older ones are on sale for stupidly low money.

I wont recommend the FFIII and FFIV ports for Steam unless you have no option for a DS. They use the touch-screen UI for mobile devices and I've heard nothing but terrible things about it. There's also the Thief and Just Cause games up there, as well as FFVIII, FFVII, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2. But the FFVII port was terrible, so I don't know about the other ports. I may finally check out 13 and 13-2. But even 20 bucks seems like a lot for them since I'm basically done with Single-player.

EDIT: Joke option. Daikatana is $1.74. If you want to play the ET of it's time and one of the biggest let-downs of the new millennium, you might give it a shot. This game was Spore levels of hype back then and it delivered practically nothing.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

TheFeniX wrote:I wont recommend the FFIII and FFIV ports for Steam unless you have no option for a DS. They use the touch-screen UI for mobile devices and I've heard nothing but terrible things about it. There's also the Thief and Just Cause games up there, as well as FFVIII, FFVII, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2. But the FFVII port was terrible, so I don't know about the other ports. I may finally check out 13 and 13-2.
I don't know, time the FF series were the only good jRPGs on Steam is kind of dead. Now, I can easily think of 5-6 better titles than any of the FFs and that's just including stuff I played personally. Though, it's really nice they come out on PC now and are no longer PS exclusive.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Another Humble Bundle is out. A new Humble Bundle is normally not worthy of this thread as I assume anyone who cares about Humble Bundles is tracking them, but this one has one includes one game that isn't listed on the bundle page: SpaceChem, including its one piece of DLC.

It's not provided as a key, instead you get a giftable copy of SpaceChem, and a second gift for the DLC, in your Steam inventory when you add the key for Ironclad Tactics. This is mentioned in the game description but you could miss it if, like me, you only look at the game titles. So it's intentional, but a bit hidden.

The listed games in the bundle are:
- Tetrobot and Co.
- Titan Attacks!
- The Inner World
- VVVVVV
Beat the average:
- Costume Quest
- Ironclad Tactics: Deluxe Edition
$10 or more:
- Shadowrun Returns

If you would like me to give you me Steam key for VVVVVV for your own use, send me a PM.
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

Free games from a Humble Bundle to whoever claims them first... sorry if this is the wrong place to put these

Star Wars - Empire at War Gold
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=K2PtykcecZvMbAeS

Star Wars Battlfefront 2
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=CSRfrzACZzMxtwfB
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

You're awesome.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Ark: Survival Evolved is on sale till Friday for about $18.

Still early access, but the game looks pretty good considering what it is: another minecraft/survival game. But this one has dinosaurs and other monsterish creatures. No zombies, which is a welcome break because I'm just so tired of that shit.

The emphasis is less on crafting than the action and the game does have a pretty heavy PvP bent. I'd recommend checking out some reviews as the hands-off nature of adminning on the official server can be a huge turn-off. Griefing is very popular from what I've read and the devs encourage one type to fight another. The addition of handcuffs is kind of a case in point.

That said, getting a server up was easy. I'm currently trying to mod in support for humanoid NPCs (as it's a private server) after first testing model replacers. The reliance on the Steam Workshop for mods does make this kind of annoying, but at least the server files are available anonymously.

All-in-all, it's well polished for an early access game even though the animations are terrible. But from the 20 or so hours I've put in, I've been having fun with 3 other people playing. If you don't have friends to game with, finding some on a public server will likely be as bad as it's always been online.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Lenovo/Motorola's new Moto Z and Moto Z Force launch next week on Verizon as 'DROID Editions', along with the Moto Mods they've developed alongside which allow you to securely attach accessories such battery packs, a pair of speakers, a mini projector, or just a pretty backplate to either phone, and they're all up for preorder now. MSRP is $624 for the Moto Z and $720 for the Moto Z Force, but Best Buy's running a deal where they'll give you $200 off the device, plus throw in a free JBL speaker/battery/kickstand Moto Mod, normally $80 by itself. Not only that, but since —unlike Verizon's website and their own retail stores— third-party retailers like Best Buy can still offer 2-year contracts with a device subsidy, I was just able to get one for a whopping $1. I am pretty goddamn pleased right now. :D
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tropico-4-free-game

Tropico 4 for free has around 45 hours left to claim.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

The Crew is currently free through Uplay. Free for the month.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

https://store.na.square-enix.com/produc ... c-download
For only $9.99, get the Square Enix 2016 Holiday Surprise Box featuring over $80 worth of exciting titles for your holiday gaming needs!
So basically you pay $10 now or until december 19th, then on dec 20th they tell you what games you get. Normally i wouldn't recommend something so sketchy sounding, but the last time Sqeenix did this, the results were apparently pretty decent.
Easter 2016 Suprise Box:

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Quantum Conundrum
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
20% coupon for Just Cause 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider

Christmas 2015
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Thief
Final Fantasy XIII
Life is Strange Episode 1
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
discount vouchers
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

I don't want these, you can have them.

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: B75JY-WKAPC-GRQWH

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2 [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: DD7BN-R2KGQ-RLKCJ

TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: IFXFM-PWDA0-E7W2L
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Free keys. I purchased a bundle of games from Bundle Stars and these ones I already have.

Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition - NLTQX-7FJ7Y-DAFLJ

Enclave - JNFEK-6XBJJ-5A6MN

Septerra Core - 03LKF-VWQ5H-9QM5X
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

Killing Floor is free on Humble Bundle for the next 53 hours!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Guys you should probably stop posting codes in here because those are guaranteed to be ripped by the search bots trawling sites like these, instead please do it like "Got these games to giveaway, PM me for codes".
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs