The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Re: The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

Post by bilateralrope »

EA has started giving away free games on Origin. Dead Space 1 is free till May 8.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Hey, Red Orchestra 2 is free today on steam.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Humble started doing Daily Bundles yesterday, which will continue for the next two weeks. Today's is space-themed, and all three games in it are redeemed through Steam. $1 or more gets you X3: Terran Conflict, beating the average ($3.98 as of this post) adds Universe Sandbox, and $10 or more adds the Early Access game Kinetic Void.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Also, Rush Bros are free today, steam code available at Playfire.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Next time, you should post the link so people don't have to go looking for it:

https://freegame.greenmangaming.com
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Agent Sorchus wrote:Hey, Red Orchestra 2 is free today on steam.
And now ARMA: Cold War Assault is, too :(
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

To celebrate the debut of GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas on the Amazon Appstore, until June 11th purchasers of San Andreas will receive 2000 Amazon Coins (in other words, $20 of Appstore credit). That's enough to buy the other two games and still have half the credit left over.

Note: If you have 699 Amazon Coins lying around, you can use that to buy San Andreas and you'll still get the 2000-Coin credit.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Payday 2 is having a free weekend on Steam this coming weekend. I highly recommend checking it out.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:Payday 2 is having a free weekend on Steam this coming weekend. I highly recommend checking it out.
Payday 2 is an odd duck, matching fun gameplay with table flipping moments. Since all rewards are random it's quite possible to play for 80 hours and not have the gear to use your chosen profession choice. You can buy guns with money and mission specific gear. But otherwise it's all random drop with completion of a mission giving you a card which can be money, a mask related item or mask or a weapon attachment or if your very unlucky xp (Unlucky because the reward does not scale well)

But when the game does click it's amazing.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Well, the random items can be mildly annoying at times, I'll grant you (I'm around level 80 now, and have only just finally gotten my first Exotique upper receiver, when I've needed like 4 of the damn things), but they're hardly a show-stopper. The only truly critical drops are silencers, and that's only if A) You like playing pure stealth, B) You don't have the Gage Courier DLC, C) You're extraordinarily unlucky with drops, AND D) You somehow lost the silencer you start with, which I'm pretty sure is impossible. All other weapon mods are just gravy for tweaking and min-maxing a build for x damage output or x concealment rating; it's perfectly possible to play with stock guns using whatever random garbage cards you get (again assuming you're not just using Gage Courier, which straight up gives you various useful weapon mods).

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Europa Universalis and its DLCs are 66% off this weekend as well, for anyone who doesn't have it yet!

Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Huge RPG maker sale here: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Frankly, 5 games in the 12$ pack alone are worth it, much less with the rest of the stuff.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Hell, it's worth it just for RPG Maker VX Ace, which by hilarious coincidence is having a free weekend/sale on Steam this weekend, and even at 75% off is still $17.50. Yet, it's in the lowest tier of this bundle, so you can have it for whatever you want.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

I was busy all weekend, so I wasn't able to get much time (if any) with either Payday 2 or RPG Maker VX Ace. Once the free weekend's over, I have to buy them to keep using them, and my money is needed for more important things right now. I feel like a sucker now.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

I don't think there's a minimum amount to get Steam keys for that Humble Bundle, so you could toss a few cents their way and get RPG Maker VX Ace (and some DLC) at least.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

Executor32 wrote:I don't think there's a minimum amount to get Steam keys for that Humble Bundle, so you could toss a few cents their way and get RPG Maker VX Ace (and some DLC) at least.
I believe minimum purchase is $1.
Get busy living or get busy dying... unless there’s cake.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Darth Tanner wrote:I believe minimum purchase is $1.
To get steam keys, yes, to get DRM-free stuff, no.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Sniper V2 add to library free today deal, if you fancy some German killing :P
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Amazon is doing another big app/game giveaway today and tomorrow. There's over $100 worth of apps on offer, and this time that figure isn't padded out with ridiculously overpriced crap like that not-even-worth-it-for-free Battle Maiden Yuko Runner game from the last giveaway. Highlights include:

AccuWeather Platinum ($2.99)
It's a weather app, and a great one, with no ads of course.

Card Wars - Adventure Time ($3.99)
Floop the pig, yo.

CLARC ($4.99)
An actiony puzzle adventure. With drunk robots. (that's the actual tagline)

Dr. Panda's Bus Driver ($2.99)
It's an adorable 3D bus-driving game that I haven't played, but it looks like it'd be great for kids.

Dungeon Village ($4.41)
It's an RPG/village-building sim from Kairosoft, makers of Game Dev Story.

MyBackup Pro ($4.99)
It backs things up and restores them. Not quite as capable as Titanium Backup, but most of its features don't require root, either.

Plex ($4.99)
It streams media from your PC to your mobile devices, does it really well, and you've probably heard of it before.

Ravensword: Shadowlands ($6.99)
A really nice-looking open-world action RPG with around 20 hours of gameplay according to many of the reviews.

The Room 2 ($2.99)
A 3D mystery/puzzle game that I unfortunately can't really tell you anything more about because it's a Kindle-only version.

Root Explorer ($3.99)
A pretty good file manager even if you don't have root, and one of the few I know of that let you modify file permissions.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 ($2.99)
If you don't know what this is I don't even

Splashtop Remote Desktop HD ($8.99)
Requires its own (free) desktop client, but does a lot of things better than RDP. Doesn't play nice with full-screen applications (i.e. games), unfortunately, though they'll work in windowed mode.
This is the tablet-optimized version, and it's also the older version of the app that doesn't require a paid subscription to connect to PCs outside your local network.

Obviously, since this is a giveaway, the prices listed are the apps' normal, not-being-given-away-for-free prices. You'll also need either an Kindle Fire or other Fire-series device, or to have the Amazon Appstore app installed on your other Android device.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Until July 31, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, which includes all of the expansions, can be had for free on Origin by redeeming the product code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

The Humble Store is giving away Warlock: Master of the Arcane for free today. 20 hours to go as of this post.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Canyon Capers free key on Steam: https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

If someone likes strategies, here's a free Humble Bundle Warlock single steam gift key:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=E6F7VZyfFhBpCZvY

Just grab it today, I am not sure if it will be valid tomorrow.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition free to play this weekend. Hmm, maybe time to finally try it? Also, big other TW titles sale.