Shopping cart software

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

salm
Rabid Monkey

Shopping cart software

Post by salm »

Hi,
can anybody recommend some good and easy to use shopping cart software? I´m looking for something to sell digital goods with which means that i need something with on the fly payment.
When the customer buys something and pays via, for example, PayPal the software should automatically check if the payment has been made and then automatically send a download link to the customer.

The software should also provide secure downloads, so that nobody can rip my stuff without paying for it.

The software needs to be easy to install and handle for me since my php and mysql skills are sufficient to install a phpbb message board but nothing more sophisticated.
It would be nice if the software was free but i´m willing to pay 100 or 150 bucks for it if it´s really worth it.

So far i´ve found VirtueMart which looks good to my laymanish eyes but i´m really inexperienced with this sort of thing and don´t really know what features to look for or how to determin if specific features are good.

So has anybody got experience with this sort of thing and can recommend something like this?