Kurgan's Meatgrinder. Next public Jedi Academy game...

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Kurgan's Meatgrinder. Next public Jedi Academy game...

Post by Kurgan »

I'm introducing a friend to the game this weekend, so my server will probably be up June 13 and/or 14th for a couple of hours. I'll post the IP when that happens (and you can always check my signature link).
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
Davey
Padawan Learner

Re: Kurgan's Meatgrinder. Next public Jedi Academy game...

Post by Davey »

Thanks Kurgan!

This time, I may be able to join you.

Oh yes - are custom models permitted or must we use the ones that come with the game?
"Oh SHIT!" generally means I fucked up.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

You can use any you wish, though if I don't have 'em installed, I'll just see default Kyle.

So yeah, non-pure server.
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

June 13-14 according to what timezone? I'll happily reinstall the game, though i'll be pure Padawan cannon fodder (I haven't played since around the time ROTS came out)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Central Standard Time. ;)

Don't worry, this month I dusted it off after not having played seriously much in almost that long (2006 I think).

Be sure you install the 1.01 patch and I suggest you get the JK2 FFA Map Pack and Bonus Map Pack (minimum) from http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml as those may be part of the map cycle. I also highly recommend OJP Basic v12 (not required to join, of course).

Incidentally, I've been having "MAX CVARS" problems when running Siege, but I find if I remove OJP Basic I can play Siege more or less fine (just minus the extra features, which is a shame). So if we want to play some Siege, we'll need to host it in Vanilla JA (aka "basejka"). Still, even there I have some custom bot routes to make it a little more tolerable.

JKA Server 2024
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Well I haven't played in ages but if I can dig up my copy of the game before then I might join in...
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Well the server isn't up just yet... I'm putting my mod list together. Depending on how much time I need to finish up some things I'm working on, I might not be physically IN the server the whole time, but it's defiantly going up today.

JKA Server 2024
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Okay, server is up again!

68.53.58.195:29070

It'll stay up as much of this weekend as I can manage (may need the PC for other things at times, and there's a storm predicted for tomorrow, so power may be interrupted).

Mods supported (skins are optional of course):

OJP Basic V12
JK2 FFA Map Pack
JA Bonus Map Pack (official pack created by Raven software)

(87+ addon skins)

4-LOM
Adi Gallia
anigel_fisto
atatpilot
atstpilot
aurrasing
biker_scout_mst10
Bultar (Bultar Swan)
C3PO-Macman
CloneScoutWS
cloeman_trebor
ct_fisto
ct_palpatine
customewok
dark_jar_jar
darthmaul_sa
DarthVader
dug_jedi
ep3clonetr
epII Anakin Skywalker
Episode3AnakinFinal
ewok
FemAayla2.0
general_lando_v2
ghostben
ghost (Morgan Katarn ghost)
glm_wat_tambor
GrievousVM
handmaiden
handmaiden2
Haps_JA-Sandtrooper (replacement)
Haps_JA-Stormtrooper (replacement)
HS-anakin
HS_gammorean
HS_imperial (replacement)
HS_rots-dooku
hs_rots-kenobi
hutt10
imperialcommando
ithorian
Jawa (for the team skins of course!)
juno_eclipse (from TFU)
KC_OldBenKenobiv1
Ki-Adi-VM
luke-bespin
luke-dagobah
Luminara
mace_winduVM
MaraJade
MaulVM
mc_hansolo
mc_JarJar
mon_calamari
mz_fisto
old_reborn (from JK2)
Padme-EpII
pbattledroid
PitDroid
PloKoonVM
ponda_baba
PrincessLeia(Slave)
ps_yarael
queen amidala
qgj (jashugan's)
roels_starkiller
royalguard
SBD (Super Battle Droid)
sebulba20
Serra Keto
ShaakTiVM
SithYodaVM
vaderep3
VaderVM 2.2
Vosa_Komari
watto_model
Yaddle_r
Yaddle_VR
YodaVM
Youngling
z_clonemarine
ZamVME
Zclone_ultima (skinpack)
zzzzHirman's_Asajj_VentressfixedFINAL (long enough file name?)
ZMagnaVM
ZZ_bail Organa
ZAa_1.pk3 (Quinlan Vos)
ZZ_Starkiller (Galen Marek, star_killer_final2 from TFU)

And the following saber hilts:

e3_anakinsaber
hs_dooku
rotj_vaderhiltbreathing
darth_vader_rots_hilt
saber_obiwan
darthvaderhilt
hsmaulsabers
venomiid_obiwan

The skins & Hilts can be downloaded from JK3files.com or LucasFiles.com.

The rest can be found on my site:

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml

PS: If you get "too many npc" errors, you'll have to remove some of your skins. I got around this by opening the PK3s up in Winrar and deleting the "npc" folders under ext_data (you don't need those for MP anyway).

JKA Server 2024
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

JKA Server 2024
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

The file has been updated, so if you got it earlier, I suggest re-downloading it and replacing it with the next version. A few of the skins were removed because of glitches, and a couple were further tweaked. The readmes are now included.

I've decided not to run the server today because I need the system resources for other stuff.

See you next time!

JKA Server 2024