TFU (360/PS3) to get episodic content, downloadables

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

TFU (360/PS3) to get episodic content, downloadables

Post by Vympel »

Link

I'm glad for this, but if they're going to add new skins it'd be nice if they made sure that Luke Skywalker/ Kit Fisto / Obi-Wan Kenobi etc. all had distinct fighting styles, and weren't just Starkiller in a different skin.

The PSP version (or was it the Wii?) had classic movie fights in TFU mode, I hope they introduce that as a download too.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Re: TFU (360/PS3) to get episodic content, downloadables

Post by Zac Naloen »

Looks like it's just skins on the character, like the current ones in game.

That's unfortunate.

Having multiple styles in the game would have added to it's enjoyment.

I'm hoping for Co-Op in the sequel ;)
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

Honestly, the only way an update will be worth anything is if they patch some of the bugs and rebalance some of the enemies. Later levels in my copy were exceptionaly buggy and I would worry that any added on content would just be rushed out with the same problems. Finally, I wouldn't expect anything new in the way of combat styles because the character re-skins in the original game were just lazy.
Post 666: Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 am
Post 777: Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:49 pm
Post 999: Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I take any statements of DLC with a giant grain of salt. The list of games that claimed they'd have serious DLC to tick the marketing checkbox and turned out to have jack shit or something stupid once is pretty damn long.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

UCBooties wrote:Honestly, the only way an update will be worth anything is if they patch some of the bugs and rebalance some of the enemies. Later levels in my copy were exceptionaly buggy and I would worry that any added on content would just be rushed out with the same problems. Finally, I wouldn't expect anything new in the way of combat styles because the character re-skins in the original game were just lazy.
Are there any console games out there that haven't done half-assed DLC?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Anything music-based has a good record atm; Singstar and Rock Band have quality and quantity. Guitar Hero 2 was an abortion, Guitar Hero 3 was poor. Remember how Mass Effect and GTA4 were goign to have heaps of DLC? OH YEAH! :)
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Ace Combat has a pretty good DLC record, so does Halo 3.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Ace Combat has a pretty good DLC record, so does Halo 3.
The AC6 DLC isn't the shit we're talking about though; it's just basic stuff (to my knowledge, reskins etc) and not the big promise 'new content' shit. The only game that has the kind of DLC followup commonly promised has been Burnout, a game that DIDN'T promise it (as far as I know at least). Mass Effect had one overpriced tiny expansion, which isn't really what people expected from the DLC hype.

People just have to accept that DLC is just another marketing lever, another feature that might technically exist, or might not, but will very seldom reach the degree of success people imagine. Game-changing or extending updates are rare; the music games have the advantage of their DLC being simply creating note-tracks and securing licencing.