Kinect Star Wars

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Kinect Star Wars

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

:lol:
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
loomer
Sith Marauder

Re: Kinect Star Wars

Post by loomer »

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I want this to be real for some strange reason I can't quite identify.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

loomer wrote:I can't believe I'm typing this, but I want this to be real for some strange reason I can't quite identify.
It's not a dream. It's real.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Just released and there's high quality lampoon? I must have this game.

Holy shit, Spoiler
Galactic Dance-Off is in the game?!
! This is so mine.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Oh God some of the YT comments are actually pretty good.

"This is the utopia that asshole Luke destroyed. GG Jedi." :p
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

I'd buy this game purely for this segment.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

General Schatten wrote:Oh God some of the YT comments are actually pretty good.

"This is the utopia that asshole Luke destroyed. GG Jedi." :p
But as usual, for every good comment, you get at least fifteen to twenty wastes of perfectly good text. Haters always gonna hate, I suppose.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Luke Skywalker
Padawan Learner

Post by Luke Skywalker »

Wait...they cancelled Battlefront III, and we get Kinect Star Wars instead?

Awesome!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

The game is pretty cool. The Jedi part is easily the weakest, but it's fun coops with guys getting chopped left and right.

Appalling load times, though. Pretty unforgivable in a kids game in low spec to have 45s load times.

The rancor stuff is even more fun than it looks.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

I really really want the next change Lucas makes to the movies to be Han Solo no longer won the Falcon in a card game, he won it from Lando in a dance off.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

The dance stuff is just amazing in its terror. It's a fine dancing game, but the songs are either amazingly funny or over the line of doom. Fun regardless.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

What is the pod racing like?
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

It avoids the kinect steering issues by being paired throttles (ie you pull one hand back to turn that way rather than turning an invisible wheel) but I'm complete rubbish at it so I may be doing it wrong. It has powerhouse and attacks etc but I have no idea how to use them. :)
One Two
Youngling

Post by One Two »

Stark wrote:It avoids the kinect steering issues by being paired throttles (ie you pull one hand back to turn that way rather than turning an invisible wheel) but I'm complete rubbish at it so I may be doing it wrong. It has powerhouse and attacks etc but I have no idea how to use them. :)
You'll shit on just about any game anyone praises, but this you defend? :wtf: No seriously, :wtf:
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Probably because it's fun? Games don't need to be super-hardcore to be entertaining, you know. What is wrong with goofy, un-serious entertainment?
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

It's already given more playtime and fun than the last several AAA titles I played. My wifeikes it, I like it, all of it is fun (aside from the story mode Jedi thing) and it cost fuck all.

The best part is the nerd rage. I WILL NEVER DANCE and I DRAW THE LINE AT THIS GEORGE!!!!

It's the best SW game for ages and everyone who likes that CG tv show will like it. The kids, anyway.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

I love that. "I draw the line at this," did you not see or play either of the force unleashed games guys? Games so bad that actually getting a turd in the CD case would have left a person feeling more satisfied. But no, the dancing stormtroopers are the most terrible thing ever. Also, that Princess in a Battle cover/rewrite thing. Most surreal thing ever. I'm still not entirely convinced this is real and that no one has replace my tap water with LSD. Its almost as good as watching Eurovision.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Hologram Girl is the funniest I think. The songs are so funny it makes the dancing awesome even if it's just a kids version of DC2.

I'm just sad there's no soundtrack album.

And rancor rampage actually gets pretty hard later on; TIE bomber strikes and AT-STs chasing you around. Luckily you can use a flying SITH RANCOR.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

What the son of a hell?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Hey Hav I have an achievement called 'Bantha Poodoo' and the lyrics for one song suggests the EU contains a character called Salacious Crumb.

Best game of the year 10/10. Vader can't do it all by himself!

My new highlight - 'Star Wars Kinect is a tragedy on par with Jar Jar', combining fatness with an inability to read to really sell the outrage. It is solid good to me that reviews are mostly negative because a kids and is too much fun for kids and not SERIOUS GRIMDARK SITHLORD for the fatboys.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Alkaloid wrote:did you not see or play either of the force unleashed games guys? Games so bad that actually getting a turd in the CD case would have left a person feeling more satisfied.
The original Force Unleashed kicked ass and is probably the best Star Wars game which isn't LEGO Star Wars III.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I lied I have a better one - DESTROYING YOUR MEMORIES ONE DANCE ROUTINE AT A TIME! The rage is so delicious! Ford, Sherry and I are already talking about how the game shakes up commonly held beliefs about the EU background of many SW characters. It's amazing.

Just where did Lando get those Cuban heels? Inquiring minds demand a 500 page novel!

Ford, FU had platforming. I don't like platforming ERGO THE GAME IS POOPS! I draw the line at platforming, George! :lol:
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Seriously, cuz fuck anyone who doesn't like this game.

:P
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Stark wrote: Ford, Sherry and I are already talking about how the game shakes up commonly held beliefs about the EU background of many SW characters. It's amazing.
Wait, what?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks