Zelda: The Fan Film

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Zelda: The Fan Film

Post by Dooey Jo »

Behold, the Trailer!
Project Site

Apparently, some guys have been making a fan film based on OoT.

The trailer is pretty confusing, but it seems like Zelda has brown hair, and that... I can only hope that guy with twigs and leaves for a beard is not the Great Deku Tree :lol:
Also, Impa seems to have long hair and wear cyan-coloured clothes. Or is that Zelda? If so, then who the hell is that brown-haired girl :? Malon? Why is she riding a horse with Zelda...
Like I said, confusing...

The CGI is also pretty horrible, as is Link's hood, but I guess it's okay for a fan film. I wonder if Nintendo will catch word and shut them down before the movie is finished...
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

for a fan film that thierputting thier own money in....I like

can't waitto see the final product.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

How, after putting so much money into it, could they screw up the fact that Link is a southpaw?
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Looks like crap. Too bad it seems too far along for the plug to be pulled...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Archaic` wrote:How, after putting so much money into it, could they screw up the fact that Link is a southpaw?
Maybe they couldn't find any suitable lefties to handle the part? Not like it's a huge detail in the Zelda games or anything.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

It looks interesting at the very least. Whether it will be any good I will wait to see until later. However, I wonder how faithful it is considering Zelda is never held in a dungeon cell like that in OoT (that happens in LttP), and the part regarding Zelda summoning Link is also from LttP, not OoT. So it may combine some elements from the other games.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Oh dear.
When the first shot of Link appeared, I burst out laughing. It look like a six year olds dressing up box had been raided by a blind person. I couldn't bring myself to watch the rest.

Edit: I just watched all the way through, and it did get better - It looks like they've put a lot of effort into it, and it certainly has potential. Link's hair really doesn't do it for me though.
Last edited by Pezzoni on 2006-03-29 05:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

Looks pretty good for a fan-film. I might check this one out.
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Having just watched it, the trailer isn't too terribly bad, but they seriously need to find a better person to play Link. . .the hair and the face just do not work.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."