Dungeon Siege trailer.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Dungeon Siege trailer.

Post by Erik von Nein »

Let the suck commence!

Ah, simply lovely. :roll:
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Cool, a Gladiator ripoff, canned sound effects, a little sex, some Matrix ripoff, and John-Rhys Davies saying God Save the King plus others giving cliche one-liners. What's not to like about it. I think I saw a Predator ripoff too with the rope coming out of the ground grabbing the man.

And of course the trailer makes a lot of sense and we know exactly what the movie is about.

Brian
LongVin
Morally Bankrupt Asshole

Post by LongVin »

Wow...that trailer is a total rip off of LoTR

I seriously thought at some points they just stole scenes from LoTRs.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I like the ninja bad guys.

Wait, no I don't.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Come on, guys. Burt Reynolds.

BURT REYNOLDS.

I am seriously torn as to whether or not I should see this movie.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Were.... those... ninjas?

Who the hell uses ninjas nowadays that isn't making a comedy? Fuck, I could maybe understand it if it was set in Japan, but....

And what the hell is up with the main character's kung-fu? God, Boll was supposed to be making a fucking fantasy film, not a Hong-Kong action movie!

Edit: Above comments come from someone who has never played the game or games this movie is based upon. I apologize if the character in the game is also a martial-arts master (however laughable that is).
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

The game is a dungeon crawl. Not like that trailer. Oh well, a dungeon crawl would have sucked anyway. Sucked worse than Ninjas in LotR? Who can say.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Okay. WHAT IS THE MOVIE ABOUT!?!?!?!??!?!

Uwe Boll not only sucks at making movies, he also sucks at making trailers!!! AAAUUUUGGHH, even the brief battle scene they showed was stupid!!!!
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Vaporous
Jedi Knight

Post by Vaporous »

Most non-threatening villains ever. "Burn it to the ground! And hurry! I've got to be at Maudes for brunch!"

Why is Boil still allowed to make movies?
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I am working on the Boll blocker, it should also block any movies by Rob Zombie....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Each time we say "Damn but Boll can't get any worse!" Each time we're wrong .... weep for humanity.

Seriously, check out the actors he has in there, John Rys Davies, Burt Reynolds, Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Ron Perlman and i bet there's more. How can they all be so stupid as to take part in a Uwe Boll film?!?!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Someone needs to tell Statham, Reynolds, Perlman, Liotta, and Davies that they're too good to get Boll'd. It's like making Kraft Dinner with exquisite French cheeses: It's still cheap crap and stinks even worse for trying to add something good to it.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Lagmonster wrote:Someone needs to tell Statham, Reynolds, Perlman, Liotta, and Davies that they're too good to get Boll'd. It's like making Kraft Dinner with exquisite French cheeses: It's still cheap crap and stinks even worse for trying to add something good to it.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG stupid
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

theski wrote:
Lagmonster wrote:Someone needs to tell Statham, Reynolds, Perlman, Liotta, and Davies that they're too good to get Boll'd. It's like making Kraft Dinner with exquisite French cheeses: It's still cheap crap and stinks even worse for trying to add something good to it.
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG stupid
You want to try that again, but using sentences this time?
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

[Vader]NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Vader]
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

Hmm, it seems like Boll is fond of listing the elements in his movie during the trailer. He did the same with the BloodRayne trailer.

"A bunch of ninjas..."
"Some fake looking fights..."
"A King..."
"A farmer..."

Boll must be the most charismatic person on earth if he can keep convincing well know actors to keep starring in his films. Either that, or he is giving them a shitload of money. Maybe both! :P
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I did not here a single decent or well acted line in that entire thing (not even from Davies; I suppose he doesn't give a damn, I wouldn't), none of those involved actually appear to be capable of running, and instead waddle, the film would appear to have no plot or point, and it has Zombie ninjas.

Little more needs to be said.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Lagmonster wrote:
theski wrote:
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG stupid
You want to try that again, but using sentences this time?
LOL.. sorry.. (Translated) its fucking stupid to see Statham and Liotta in this movie.
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ok I've seen it now... and... WTF? is that Farmer a former grand weaponmaster or so shit? He knows kungfu, staff, sword, dual-weilding and more apprently. Pretty damn good for a "simple farmer" That trail just blows and it looks like a solid MST3k movie already.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Yosemite Bear

well If I remember the game, you start out as a simple farmer, but after an ungodly number of hours killing things you become lord bad ass motherfucker.

I used to like pole arms simply for the darth maul like twists and twirls

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

That trailer looks good....

*ducks sharp, nasty objects*

As a fantasy movie. Game? What game?

And where the fuck is my Starcraft movie, bitches?!

*looks to skies*

Oh fuck, the HAB retaliation just arrived.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

God forbid Uwe Boll ever get his hands on Dungeon Siege 2.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Jesus Christ, what an incoherent mess. You know it'll be bad when you get more entertainment from trying to count all the movies being ripped off than from the actual trailer.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Vaporous
Jedi Knight

Post by Vaporous »

Shinova wrote:God forbid Uwe Boll ever get his hands on anything ever again, especially oxygen.
Fixed.
The Yosemite Bear

no worse Uwe Boll and Rob Zombie to direct the next video game property.........

and no the sound track will be blues not anything by RZ.