Next D2 patch to be huge.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Next D2 patch to be huge.

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Damn, check http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/ for more detailed information, but god damn this is going to be a lot of changes.

Skills have been redone, rumors say to make them all worth using. Skills have synergies, as they get more skill points they improve the usefulness of other spells, for example, bone spear adds 7% magic damage per level to teeth, bone wall, prison, and spirit. So maxing Bone spear and Spirit(a Sorc Necro) you can deal a minimum of 800 damage with bone spirit. I fear what Sorcs will spawn from this(hmmm, I may need to make a new firewall sorc). Over 100 new unique items and new unique item abilities(Azurewrath gives wielder Paladin Sancuary, new Barb Helm gives Lycanthropy, Feral Rage, and ability to summon Dire Wolves. Unique Jewels, ofcourse new Cube and Rune combos, better odds at gambling, better drops from monsters, much better drops from bosses the first time(and first time only) you beat them, and better quest rewards, more random unique monster placement, harder leveling past 70, ladder clears ever 3 months, a new secret level that you access by selling SoJs to shopkeepers, (I don't know what they're doing here, trying to eliminate SoJs, or trying to make SoJs the currancy of Diablo 2 again), gaaaaaaaaah, me wantee.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Oh hell yeah!

Exactly what the game needed....balancing to the point where all the frigging classes are useful...not just sorcs or amazons!
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Hellz YEAH! Styx_AnStones, my nasty little "No summons, all Poison and bone+curses" Necromancer will finally stop sucking!

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Anarchist Bunny

I'm hoping my Blood Golemancer will be able to stand in nightmare and hell.
Wiilite
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

:shock: HOLY CRAP! I might actually start playing D2 again!

Might, mofos.Might.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Hmmm...it would be great to play Necromancer without it being more of a supporting character.

And I hope they fix the Necro's poison nova. It supposely deal like 800+ dmg but it does JACK SHIT NOTHING!!! Only good in like Act II of nightmare then it's all over...

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Anarchist Bunny

Holy shit I just thought of something that would be cool. A unique orb or ring or something that gives the barer the Paladin mana regen aura. Novas ahoy!
Wiilite
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Bah. That patch will still be useless unless they somehow make it so that Sorcs can actually DO damage again. All the special absorbing items out right can make a sorc basically harmless.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

If they've loaded up on absorb equipment...it's a good bet they'd be lacking in effective stuff in it's place...everything has a weakness besides...if they resist one...then use another
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Sorc still pile on damage...just less then there 10K+ firewall forms.

Either way...maybe my Necro won't blow anymore...which will be nice.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Hmmm...it would be great to play Necromancer without it being more of a supporting character.

And I hope they fix the Necro's poison nova. It supposely deal like 800+ dmg but it does JACK SHIT NOTHING!!! Only good in like Act II of nightmare then it's all over...

Cyaround,
Jason
Most Mods do a better job at balancing out the classes. Most items/skills I have
seen sound like overkill. The classes are currently not balanced in D2. Amazons
are a way to strong in PvM and PvP. Sorcs are nearly as good in PvM. Barbarians
are nice with great stuff. Assassins & Paladins are the only well balanced classes.
Necros are very dependant on a good merc to get kills and the druids elemental
spells are wothless.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Would this reset everyone's characters?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

A Realmwipe would make sense to get rid of all duped&cheated
items. I don't think that this will reset single player characters.
Skill have been changed in the past - and it never required you
to start a new character.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Honestly I dont know why they even put the sorc in the original game.

In Hell diff, almost all of the mosters are damn near immune to entire branches of the sorcs skill tree, and there is only 3 of them! And if they arent immue they Uber high resistance levels. So you resort to bashing stuff over the head, or flipping around the map with tellport or running and hoping a breif moment of lag doesnt result in any of those mosters getting a single hit in. Cos the sorc has to be the weakest character class.

And firewalls dont work very well if you dont have something to tank for you, and keep them pinned down. Cos if you case a firewall in their path, they just go arround the stupid thing, or since thier immune go striaght through it.

Firewall really shines when you expliot the braindead monster pathfinding, that is they get stuck into a corner and cant come after you.

The only reason I could killed Diablo in Nightmare by myself. .There is an upside down U which normally spawns at the right most Seal, teleport over the gap and Diablo cant get to you, and sits near the edge letting you do what ever the hell you want. Like cast Town portal & go to the City for supplies and come back with out worrying about someone waiting to get upclose & personal.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Even with them being vulnerable to each of a tree...it's just a matter of specialize one of the three spells(I use one lightning, one cold, and a couple fires).

The problem I have with physicallity is that all it requires is the monster to have one invulnerability and then you're practically fubared in Hell.

I mean that is by far much crueler then some beastie being fire proof(I have other spells to rely upon), but having physical invulnerabilty make that monster go from annoying to evil because I'm suddely doing only tens of damage per swing versus hundreds.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

That's why you use berserk on those phys immune.
Edit: But for Pally, heh your screwed 'cept you got Fist of Heavens but that does jack shit too.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Soontir C'boath wrote:That's why you use berserk on those phys immune.
Edit: But for Pally, heh your screwed 'cept you got Fist of Heavens but that does jack shit too.

Cyaround,
Jason
Vengence, or vengence in a can (Baranar's Star + Tiamat's Rebuke)
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Not all the info will be accurate for the final 1.10 patch, but there is a section of diabloii.net with info on new uniques and stuff. Here's hopein' spell druids and necros stop sucking.
Darth Balls
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Balls »

Good, maybe now Amazon won't be the only worthwhile class to play. Any word on when this patch is comming out?
Anarchist Bunny

Sorc still pile on damage...just less then there 10K+ firewall forms.

Either way...maybe my Necro won't blow anymore...which will be nice.
Still, 6K Firewall rocks, except for anything in Hell but Cows, especially fallen. Fallen piss me off in hell.
And firewalls dont work very well if you dont have something to tank for you, and keep them pinned down. Cos if you case a firewall in their path, they just go arround the stupid thing, or since thier immune go striaght through it.

Firewall really shines when you expliot the braindead monster pathfinding, that is they get stuck into a corner and cant come after you.
My sorc does 6K with her firewall and gets mana leech off it, I can teleport around leading monsters through wall after wall after wall and never need a mana potion. I can clear out cows including the king all by myself with her on Hell. Ofcourse it's a lot harder in other levels.
Wiilite
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Coaan wrote:If they've loaded up on absorb equipment...it's a good bet they'd be lacking in effective stuff in it's place...everything has a weakness besides...if they resist one...then use another
Unless the other player has hacked items, which I've commonly run into.

They should fix that cheating/duping problem too.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Anarchist Bunny

Also the graphics on the Barb's whirlwind are upgraded so that it looks like is spining around in a swing fury instead of having a siezure in a line.
Wiilite
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Shinova wrote:
Coaan wrote:If they've loaded up on absorb equipment...it's a good bet they'd be lacking in effective stuff in it's place...everything has a weakness besides...if they resist one...then use another
Unless the other player has hacked items, which I've commonly run into.

They should fix that cheating/duping problem too.
On the closed b.net...it's not too common...or it wasn't at least...if it is now...then that's just lame..

even with hacked items...it's fun to lure those kinds of players into a bind they can't possibly escape from while you keep the ace in the hole....when you play in hardcore (the only real challenge ) then more often than not...you find the real players
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

Coaan wrote:
On the closed b.net...it's not too common...or it wasn't at least...if it is now...then that's just lame..
It is now...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3022360400

These items are pretty common now...
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

1 ) The filesize of the patch won't be big since they're not adding much, if any artistic content. The only new graphic is the new look of the baba's whirlwind, and that was always in the mpqs but disabled. Basically all the changes are taking place in the skill/item/etc tables so don't expect anything over 4 megs.

2)
ggs wrote:Firewall really shines when you expliot the braindead monster pathfinding, that is they get stuck into a corner and cant come after you.
Firewall is good anyplace other than hell cows~ As for the other comments in the thread about sorcs being weak: bullshit. Nova/orb/meteor just rapes PvM
boath wrote:That's why you use berserk on those phys immune.
Have you actually made a vindicator? They own all manner of shit outside the cow level.

3) Most new items that you've seen (excluding runeword Exile) are not even close to the final stats

4) They aren't releasing the patch til at least june 9th

5) I'm one of the 50 legit people on east :shock:
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."