DC Universe Trailer

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

hongi
Jedi Council Member

DC Universe Trailer

Post by hongi »

*jawdrop*

Someone needs to make a movie out of this, stat.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: DC Universe Trailer

Post by Mr Bean »

Not a fan of Mecha-Luthor

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Oh look, everyone has super anime ultra armor! And Wonder Woman looks more man then woman, and oh wait...time travel!

Aside from the neato explosions, it's meh.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Damn, I was hoping for a game where you play as Lex Luthor, defending the Earth after killing all the superheroes. Then it turned out to be yet another MMORPG.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
xt828
Padawan Learner

Post by xt828 »

While I agree with Ghost Rider on the mecha armour for everyone, and IMO Luthor looks like he wandered off the set for the DoW trailers, I like seeing Wonder Woman/a female video game character as something other than Tits McGee.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Cinematic trailers like this make me think they should just make a movie. Hell, they might considering the number of DC animated movies coming out.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'm all for anything with Black Adam fucking shit up appropriately. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Super-stubble?

"You don't deserve to LIVE!"

:roll:
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Havok wrote:I'm all for anything with Black Adam fucking shit up appropriately. :D
I liked him taking out Green Lantern and the Flash (and some of his own guys) all in one shot. :twisted:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I like it I like it a lot. Plus I agree that they should make a movie out of this. I had the sound off while playing it since my hearing difficulties prevents me from hearing it properly but what was Luthor saying to the trio near the end of the clip?

BTW, I loved how they portrayed Superman in this. Looked like he was no longer holding back. :) The way he dealt with Black Adam was excellent. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Too bad famous DC characters won't be playable, and it's gonna be a poopy MMO so it isn't going to be anything like the trailer at all. So, it's a decent trailer (I liked it) that doesn't tell us shit about the game at all (which'll probably suck anyway). STRAK STRAK STRAK! :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Too bad famous DC characters won't be playable, and it's gonna be a poopy MMO so it isn't going to be anything like the trailer at all. So, it's a decent trailer (I liked it) that doesn't tell us shit about the game at all (which'll probably suck anyway). STRAK STRAK STRAK! :P
You can but only in PVP. Apparently there is PVP as yourself as well as scenario PVP almost Team Fortress esk where each Villian/Hero paring falls into a certain grouping and you can step into their boots to have up to X number (Not yet reveled but 10x10 was talked about) to complete objectives.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Deathstroke kicking ass, all is good
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

I also liked the Joker using Harley as a human shield.

Poor Harley!
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Serious Kingdom Come vibe from that battle there, but I like the art direction. And hopefully, even if it's just purely cinematic, it gives some indication towards the kind of things they'd LIKE to emulate.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

I guess the makers of this video were of the 'Superman is a Dick' camp.
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

Stofsk wrote:I guess the makers of this video were of the 'Superman is a Dick' camp.
Maybe so, but I laughed my ass off when he fried Black Adam's face: http://media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/i ... C605FE.jpg
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Superman's and Luthor's voices were awful, especially after the DCAU.
I really think that they had to writer's-fiat the villains into winning, there - Deathstroke pickpocketing Diana? Cyborg being KO'd by an explosion that Batman survived?

The eye-candy quotient was decent, but the only part I really enjoyed was Wonder Woman beating the fuck out of Metallo (if that was him, and not just a big robot).
Also, this may be just because I've been playing Arkham Asylum, but the glowy-eyes effect on Batman at the end of that looked really strange.

And I know that it's his standard setup, but I really prefer Black Adam as an anti-hero/recovering supervillain. It's always more fun when he's got a legitimate reason for fighting, instead of "I EVIL I HIT YOU". I liked him as ruler of Kahndaq for that reason - still a mean mofo, but one who's not a cardboard-cutout supervillain.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.