Oblivion Bugs

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Oblivion Bugs

Post by Hawkwings »

So I'm playing through the main quest in Oblivion, and I get to the "Bruma Gate" quest, where you have to take some Bruma Guard in to the Oblivion gate to close it. Well, I fight my way up, get to the sigil stone, and take it. Then, there's a big flash of light, and then nothing. I'm still in the oblivion plane, and the guards are still there too.

So I reloaded from an earlier save and tried again. No such luck.

So then I decided to go do other stuff for a while. I went to Cheydinhall, found their oblivion gate, and went in. I found some Knights of the Thorn, led them to the top, grabbed the sigil stone and... same thing. Not teleported out.

Anyone know what's going on?
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

X-Box or PC?

If its PC then it is probably a plug your running. Try turning them all off and trying it, then try one by one and see what happens. If thats not it, then it may be your video card. I hear Oblivion is picky with certain cards .
Resinence
Jedi Knight

Re: Oblivion Bugs

Post by Resinence »

Hawkwings wrote:So I'm playing through the main quest in Oblivion, and I get to the "Bruma Gate" quest, where you have to take some Bruma Guard in to the Oblivion gate to close it. Well, I fight my way up, get to the sigil stone, and take it. Then, there's a big flash of light, and then nothing. I'm still in the oblivion plane, and the guards are still there too.

So I reloaded from an earlier save and tried again. No such luck.

So then I decided to go do other stuff for a while. I went to Cheydinhall, found their oblivion gate, and went in. I found some Knights of the Thorn, led them to the top, grabbed the sigil stone and... same thing. Not teleported out.

Anyone know what's going on?
I started getting this problem when I got my geforce 7800, and... never solved it -_-
“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” - Oscar Wilde.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

well, I removed all my plugs, still didn't help.

Is there any way to finish the bruma gate quest with a console command?
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Hawkwings wrote:well, I removed all my plugs, still didn't help.

Is there any way to finish the bruma gate quest with a console command?
Theres, setstage <questid> <stage>, but you need the quest number for that to work, and I cannot seem to find a list of quest codes (I've seen them before... so they are out there.) This is the way I fixed my problem with one of the mages guild quests. Alternatively you can try using completequest, which works just as it sounds - completes your current quest. However, I would try and find the quest codes.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

think Oblivion Wiki might have the codes.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »