World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Simon_Jester »

There is then a further grind to get the 105mm gun; the long 90mm is in my honest opinion somewhat inadequate. Frankly the Patton has been a lot less fun than I'd like, mostly because of the troubles I have, which I'd already mentioned some time ago, with tanks that have to hit the enemy seven or eight times just to break even.

I'm not that good at avoiding death, and to be even moderately effective in the Patton you have to be quite good at avoiding death.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

The HD Maus on the test server is bizzare. It's so... smooth. It's like an alien artifact that dropped into the battlefield.

That said, all of them are looking very nice so far, even the dog-ugly M4 Egg.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The new M103 model looks pretty sweet as well.

Look out though, a lot of the updated tanks will have new armour models which mean more weaknesses. T-54's turret is no longer made of pure trolltanium, it has many significantly thinner armour zones, especially on top, M4's mantlet is now only a mantlet with a gun hole behind it, not double armour (it goes from about 150 effective to about 80), M103 has thinner zones, etc.

As always, denying enemy line of fire is your best protection.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

You do realize that only the M4, T-54, and Tiger have been remodeled and the rest have simply been re-textured right? Unless they just recently announced a redone M103.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

M103, Tortoise, Maus and Panther have HD upgrades in the latest update, Centurion 7/1 and T-34-85 in the next, apparently.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Ah cool, I hadn't heard about that yet.
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

The new models sure look nice, it's a shame my computer can't run anything beyond minimum.
Image[
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Vendetta wrote: On the other hand, tanks which are balanced around durability also tend to have high HP pools, meaning they are still tougher than equivalent vehicles, and many tanks can use sidescraping to get more protection from HEAT than they would have from AP. Armour became a thing you had to use, especially at higher tiers, rather than something that just sort of did it for you.do.
Ummm... armor's never just done it for you. Even back in the days of shoot gold in CW for ten extra mm pen because why not, it never did that. It was always a thing you had to actively use only now there's a reasonable chance you'll realize your armor is a lot less useful because the other dude is throwing credits at the problem.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, it also increases the probability that you'll encounter premium ammo, especially in random matches... which means that the effective value of armor does decline. It was always something most effective when used carefully (so are guns and mobility for that matter), but now it is considerably more likely that your opponents will counter it by loading HVAP and just blowing straight through your carefully armored front plate.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I'm quite enjoying historical battles at the moment, even when it's a sea of lolTDs on the other side. Erlenberg Germans vs. US is pretty fun as either side. Two King Tigers and two Panthers vs. a sea of Hellcats and Shermeng is pretty fun.

So far the Germans tend to have the advantage but if they're split up, the big cats die in a hail of tiny guns.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Purchased:
'AMX 50 100' sucessfully purchased. Spent credits: 1,786,750.

Yes indeed, thanks to the discount I was encouraged to grind through the horrible M4 45.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

And a not particularly fond farewell to that shitheap.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Nice April Fools gesture what with that Karl 8-bit tank mode
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The Karl's pretty fun. No XP and you can't sell it, but as long as you aren't a complete incompetent it's an easy 5000 creds per game, win or lose. I actually didn't realize it was an SPG until my second match in it, though.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

I just _almost_ got top gun with Karl. :D
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Whenever scumbags upset me, I break out my own sin against tankkind:

http://wotreplays.com/site/739955
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

So I was playing on Hidden Village in my Type 59, we're winning. Anyway the Su-122-44 starts bitching about how I'm an idiot. I think because I went back to help our IS-6 who it turned out didn't need it and so the Su-122-44 died because I didn't go the other way. This is one of the rare times someone gets bitchy at me for not winning the way the want. I only did 7 less damage then he did so I really don't see how he has that much reason to complain. Sore winners are much worse than sore losers.
Image[
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Had some technical difficulties for a few weeks but I'm back now.

Victory!
Battle: Sand River 4.04.2014 18:33:13
Vehicle: Tiger I
Experience received: 2 754 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 40 456
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Master Gunner, Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Also, researched Tiger II and T-43.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

My first High Caliber award! In my Lee, no less.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

I was and continue to be sick this weekend, but I finally took out the AMX-50-100. It is a stupid fun tank, still learning but I'm going to enjoy this one.
Image[
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

What the flying fuck is wrong with WoT now? My client keeps crashing at random intevals and I can't get back into the game while it lasts. Yesterday, an asshole trolled me so badly that other team mates shot him dead. Of course, the one who shot the asshole turned blue and left the game while the idiot probably benefitted by getting credits in compensation. Well, I reported him and wanted to share the replay, but nooooo.... My client crashed and refused to let me back into the same game, so the replay didn't save and I'm just a bit angry at both WoT and trolling assholes. It happend today as well: Playing a game, and suddenly the client exits and I can't get back in while the game lasts.

Fuck this! I don't mind the game, but I want a game that works!
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

9.0 is one of the buggiest updates they've released in a while. it might be better to wait for a micro patch or two.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

I (and others) have noticed that this issue mainly seems to exist around T5-6, for whatever reason. There are attempts at fixes (among others, try setting your graphics to Standard) but I'm a little suspicious of their effectiveness.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

The most convincing speculation I've heard is embuggeration regarding the HD Hellkitty. I don't seem to be suffering problems, but I've a few friends who have been.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

has anybody had issues with receiving purchased gold in 9.0?