STGOD2 OOC Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:bah, n00b... I have been designing ships since I saw this thread.
I've been designing ships since August.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Mitth`raw`nuruodo wrote:I will do something with a part of the Gnomish Empire, I will start thinking about information for whenever it's required. But I'd love to have a little while to do so :P
bah, n00b... I have been designing ships since I saw this thread.
But that would make you a n00b compared to me, since I've been designing STGOD ships for three to four years!
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Bah curse you all!!!! :D

I must torment the gnome somehow :P
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

hmmm a STGOD *VEG*
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

::::: Walks up to computer after three days of playing "Rebel Strike" non-stop::::

What the hell????

Where do i sign up?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:You guys want to just declare our countries and militaries then get started? Or is there more stuff we need to work out?

Personally, I like Phongn's idea of resource points but I'll leave that up to the group to decide.
I wouldnt mind resource points either.
Alright, though I'm not sure how to arrange such.. So it will delay things a bit.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Resource points are going to be the road to failure. Even once a system is worked out an agreed on for how to distribute them there's going to be never ending arguments on just how much things cost.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Resource points are going to be the road to failure. Even once a system is worked out an agreed on for how to distribute them there's going to be never ending arguments on just how much things cost.
Perhaps a better way would be to have a time thing, like it takes an hour after you post that your factory is making a new battleship to it being ready or something?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

What we usually do is have a certain number of economic months that go by in each day.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Resource points are going to be the road to failure. Even once a system is worked out an agreed on for how to distribute them there's going to be never ending arguments on just how much things cost.
I don't know that it has to be that way provided we work out a fair system before hand. I really don't want things going down in spat of power gaming like the first one.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Stormbringer wrote: I don't know that it has to be that way provided we work out a fair system before hand. I really don't want things going down in spat of power gaming like the first one.
Where either going to get an unworkable system, or one that is vague enough to be pointless. If you can figure something out that's neither one, I'm all ears.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Stormbringer wrote: I don't know that it has to be that way provided we work out a fair system before hand. I really don't want things going down in spat of power gaming like the first one.
Where either going to get an unworkable system, or one that is vague enough to be pointless. If you can figure something out that's neither one, I'm all ears.
Do you have any suggestions how to do it then?
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Stormbringer wrote:
No, the methods I can think of while functional would also be too annoying, see the second attempt at a STGOD here. That's why I don't like the concept. I say wing it and let us rely on some actual active moderation to take care of power gaming as it occurs.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
No, the methods I can think of while functional would also be too annoying, see the second attempt at a STGOD here. That's why I don't like the concept. I say wing it and let us rely on some actual active moderation to take care of power gaming as it occurs.
That's how it worked in The Old Days. I see no reason why not.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

If that's what you guys want to do, that's fine with me.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I have to admit, I kind of like the idea of an intergalactic money exchange as we had it. Phong's power ran the exchange, so as moderator he had in-story control over the currency rates.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Most of the time we used the Interstellar Monetary Exchange Rate to mock Deimos.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Like I said, I'm willing to do whatever the group wants to.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

My vote is for getting started posthaste, letting the moderator dispense justice on a case by case basis. Seems we've worked out all the major deatils by now, anyway. That is, of course, if everyone has their races ready. (Unless you wanna wing those, too :) )
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Does every one have at least a basic idea what there race/nation will be?
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

*raises hand*
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Crayz9000 wrote:I have to admit, I kind of like the idea of an intergalactic money exchange as we had it. Phong's power ran the exchange, so as moderator he had in-story control over the currency rates.
Correction: The Lost built and maintained the Intergalactic Exchange. But it was still just there to for 'flavor', and for mocking Deimos.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Stormbringer wrote:Does every one have at least a basic idea what there race/nation will be?
No, apart from using the Lost as the proverbial Big Stick. But I'll see if I can make some robber-kings up.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

SirNitram wrote:Correction: The Lost built and maintained the Intergalactic Exchange. But it was still just there to for 'flavor', and for mocking Deimos.
Bah, you're all Communists anyways, what do you need with an exchange rate?
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

I'm assuming that since this is supposed to be a post dark ages we're going to be limiting nation sizes to a low number compared to the old days. So in that vein I was planning on using the UTR as a power of twenty to thirty worlds.

Since this is supposed to be about 300 years later I'm kind fo going to set the UTR up as a byzantine style empire. They've fought against various attacks all along their borders for those three hundred years. Because fo that the UTR is still large compared to most modern powers but is only a shadow of it's former size.

The UTRN is a very professional battle hardened force, with a good balance of all shiptypes. Because of it's strategic posture for the last 3 hundred years the UTRNs mobile fleet is rather small because the UTR has chosen to invest a very large portion of it's defense budget to the UTRN Fortress Command.

The worlds of the UTR, excluding earth, are all highly industrialized planets with lots of industry and large populations. Earth is the capital world and is still kept in the pristine state demanded of the UTR by Brother Kynes.

The UTRN is primarily designed as a strategic reserve intended to reinforce fixed defense protecting invaded worlds, as well for retalitory quick strikes against attackers. It also serves to protect civilian UTR convoys out in free space.

The society of the UTR is a conservative nation that is content with it's position in the galaxy and is primarily concerned with economic maters and not military adventures. Though there are some signs of this attitude beginning to change as the galaxy begins to recover from the devestation of the Ultimate War.

That's enough for now, I'll add more when I know more about the other powers in the galaxy.